1.10

I woke up on Saturday morning to Liv passed out on my bedroom floor as gracelessly as ever

I woke up on Saturday morning to Liv passed out on my bedroom floor as gracelessly as ever. The house was quiet. Sunlight was already streaming in my window. I rolled over and tried to fall back asleep, but the butterflies in my stomach at the thought of Homecoming tonight kept me up.

It wasn't much longer before I heard Ky out in the hallway, shutting the bathroom door. Liv stirred.

"Are you awake?" she murmured into her pillow.

"Yeah; can't sleep."

"All right, I guess I'll get up." She laid still for a prolonged moment before hoisting herself up with a grunt. "You excited?"

"Insanely."

Liv yawned, stretching her arms over her head. "I could use a coffee. Do you want to go for coffee?"

"Let me just make sure Ky isn't already taking the car."

I left the cozy warmth of my bed and padded out into the hallway. Ky was just leaving the bathroom. His bed head was wild, sticking up in all directions.

He rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "Hey, what's up?"

I'd been bracing myself for more hostility. We never did talk after we got home. He'd locked himself in his room all night while Liv and I watched classic chick flicks.

"Liv and I want to go for coffee. Did you need the Neon?"

"Nah, but get me something."

"Do you want to just come with us?"

It had been too long since I'd had the chance to just hang out with my brother. Between the game and Asher, the only times I saw him things blew up. I just wanted to spend time with the Ky I knew before we were tossed back into that world.

Ky shrugged one shoulder, half a smile tugging at his lips. "If Liv doesn't mind, I'm all for it."

We spent five minutes getting ready and met Ky outside. The air was crisp, my breath visibly seeping from my mouth. I hated that the Neon took forever to heat up. It wouldn't be warm in the cab until we were almost to the coffee shop, ten minutes up the road.

"So, what other big plans do you guys have for the day?" Ky asked as he was backing out of the driveway.

"Well, getting our nails done is a must," Liv started, holding her hand out dramatically in our faces. I smirked, playing off her energy.

"Then, we're doing our hair and makeup for up to three hours," I added.

"Oh boy," Ky replied with mocking excitement. Raising his voice to a falsetto, "That just sounds like the best time ever!"

"You asked, asshat," I snapped with a grin and a shove on his shoulder.

He glanced my direction for a beat, a broad smile taking up his whole face. "But seriously, I'm excited to see your makeup. I bet you're gonna look great."