Angels Fall First

CHAPTER 31 - Angels Fall First

Anahita's POV

Ancient Greece, 900 BC

I stood atop the temple of Apollo, looking at my surroundings, at the exquisite architecture and finely detailed art. I had been living on earth for millennia now, but still, human creativity never ceased to amaze me.

The sculptures almost mimicked those of the real being, and the architecture could bring tears of amazement in the eyes of the Angels ourselves. Their culture and history were beautiful and beyond creative. I now knew why Yahweh, in all his power, cared so much about these creatures. They were survivors, even after all the tragedies and natural disasters they've been through.

But there was still one thing that I still did not fully understand, and I didn't think that I ever would. Because, if humans were so perfect in the eyes of God, if they were noble enough so Yahweh told us to bow before them, why did they change? Evolved into something else, other species?

Now different creatures, immortals if you will, were being worshipped like Gods and Goddesses. As the mortals could not fathom how in God's name they came to be. So that was the only way they could come up with to accept what was happening.

This was another interesting thing about humans. They were fiercely curious and had to have an explanation for everything. And if they didn't, they would create one.

Now, the creatures that evolved from humans, the immortals, were believed to be Gods. Sometimes I envied them, I knew that that was a sin and I, being an Angel, should not commit any sins. But living on earth for so long was starting to get to me. I was beginning to feel, to have human emotions, and worse... human desires.

I couldn't stop my mind as it drifted away to someone, and without I even realized, a smile creeped up to my lips, a warm comfortable feeling settled in my chest, and all the love and devotion I felt, came crawling to the surface. And even though I knew that I shouldn't have such feelings, unless they were towards Yahweh, I still couldn't stop myself. I had already fallen too deep.

I then sighed deeply, before slightly frowning and wrinkling my nose. I clenched my jaw tightly, sensing something. A dark disturbed aura, a broken soul, that was slowly making its way towards me. I inhaled deeply smelling sulphur, and I already knew what was coming.

"Anahita..." The Demon spoke with a drawl, as soon as she saw me. She slowly made her way up the steps to the temple, standing right in front of me.

"Nyx. What a pleasure it is to have the Goddess of the night herself before me." I replied already filled with rage.

Lucifer's creations were wicked beings indeed, and even though this one had somehow escaped from hell, I knew she was still the same as all the others. Nasty, vicious, evil. I breathed deeply once again, trying to calm myself down. Why must this foul creature come to me? And must I speak to her?

"Thou must not allow thy anger to control thee." She said, smirking. Her eyes trailed up my face as if analyzing me.

"Why art thou here?" I answered, holding my head up high, and ignoring her previous phrase. I was aware of my human emotions. I didn't need to be reminded of them.

"I have come to thee, with nothing but the best intentions, to bestow ye with a warning." She said, making me frown. There was no way that one of the Devil's minions would ever have good intentions.

"Why would thou bestow me with such a thing and to no other?" I asked, still cautious, I didn't trust her. She, on the other hand, just smiled devilishly.