Don't You, Forget about Me

Start from the beginning

Saving People, Hunting Things, The Family Business.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabriel's POV

Gabriel had finished fixing breakfast rather quickly, not that it took eggs and bacon that long to make. It was when he turned around and didn't find Sam there that he paused, confusion playing on his features.So he set the plates down before calling Sam's name, furrowing his eyebrows together.

He probably wouldn't have noticed Sam in the kitchen window, except for the habit he had picked up of glancing out it everytime he passed. When he saw the boy, he let out a breath of relief, but it was cut short when he began running towards the road, a car speeding towards the same point.

Gabriel began running too, racing out of his house in a panic as he reached the porch, only to hear a screech of the tires. With wide eyes, he ran towards the car, his heart pouding in his chest. "Sam!" He shouted, a sick feeling making his face pale as he imagined the  worst possible things from Sam lying there dying to him already being dead, and that almost killed him to think about.

Sam had quickly become one of the most important people in his life, like a light in his otherwise dark room. Before the boy, he had been almost depressed, never wanting to do anything other than lay in his bed. But now, he had something to live and be happy for, and it's  probably just got taken away from him in a single moment.

The car was at a complete stop now, and he could hear yelling coming from the area. He braced himself, but couldn't help but freeze when he got to the right angle. Sam wasn't there.

"Gabriel" He heard Sam whimper out and ran to the front of the car, seeing Sam clutching a dog just inches from the vehicle's tires. He was crying, probably out of fear, and the dog whimpered and licked his face in comfort.

"S-Sam." Gabriel stammered out, his own tears falling from his face as he moved closer to the boy, enveloping him in a gentle hug, sending the glare to the person behind the wheel who was still yelling. Her voice faltered as she met his cold eyes, up to the point that she huffed, rolling her window up and driving off. Gabriel couldn't say that he was going to miss her. No, he was more focused on the shivering giant below him.

"What were you thinking, Sam?" Gabriel asked, though his voice wasn't rough or harsh, just upset. Sam flinched, looking up at him as the nurse pulled the giant to his feet, leading him off the road. He contiued to clutch the dog, his hands quivering against the fur.

"I'm sorry, Gabe. The dog was about to get hit and I heard this voice and I just ran." He whispered, his voice probably quivering too much to speak any louder. Gabriel let out a soft sigh after a moment, gently taking the dog from the giant's arms. He searched the dog's collar, finding a tag with an adress.

"Let's get him cleaned up and we'll take him home." Gabriel suggested, trying to keep the pain that was taking over his chest under wraps. He didn't want Sam to worry.

When they reached the house, Gabriel cleaned the dog's cut, bandaging it up. The dog let out a whimper, licking Gabriel's hand then looking at Sam before returning its gaze back to the nurse. Gabriel faltered under the dog's look. Its eyes were brown, just like Sam's.