Chapter 15 - Fresh start - part 1

Start from the beginning

Andie couldn't help noticing the hint of surprise in her voice as she read Andie's name. Andie got to her feet and walked down to the stage.

"Hey, Andie. What role are you auditioning for?"

Andie wasn't sure. There was only one character she really could relate to.

"The lead," she finally said.

"Okay. Let's see what you can do."

The music began. Andie tapped her foot to the beat. And sang. Her song was Demi Lovato's Stop the World The nerves were still there, but she had a reason for being here that she hadn't last time. Someone she loved needed her help.. And that meant she couldn't give anything less than her all. So she concentrated on Bane, and how happy she would feel when he came back. When the song was finished, she found herself standing on the stage, the room bursting with the applause. Andie looked up.

"Wow, that was fantastic," Nora said.

She, Ellie and Judy were the judges.

"Thanks."

"But Vicki was also really good... You'd both be awesome as the lead..."

Vicki came to the stage as the three girls huddled a few moments, then turned to the them again.

"... I'm afraid we can't decide," Ellie said. "So we're going to have you both perform again. Together."

"I'm sorry?"

"Yes. You both sing a song we chose, and we'll then pick the lead from there."

Vicki and Andie looked coldly at each other. Andie felt her desire to beat her burn stronger. She looked at the judges as they gave the title of the song. The music started. Vicki took the first verse and then Andie. They united at the chorus, and as much as she hated to admit it, their voices worked well together. The tension was clear between them, but it also pushed each of them to be the best they could. And Andie found herself singing notes she'd never even known she could. And she was slightly breathless by the time she and Vicki finished the song. The audience was stunned for a few seconds, then burst into a thunderous applause.

"Well... we haven't cast anyone for the villain," Ellie finally said. "Would either of you be interested?"

"Me. The villains are always more interesting anyway." Vicki said, casting a superior glance at Andie.

"Okay. Perfect. You will be Darla the Enchantress, and Andie you'll be princess Bellina."

Andie stared. That was the lead.

"Uh... okay." she said.

"The final cast list will be posted next Wednesday, first rehearsals on Thursday. Thank you all for trying out."

Slowly, people began pouring out of the auditorium. Andie climbed towards Emily and Isabelle who were waiting for her. By the time she got there, almost everyone had gone.

"I have known you six years and I have never never heard you sing like that!" Emily exclaimed.

"... I know, I was surprised myself at what I was doing." Andie said.

She was still a little winded.

"You were amazing!" Isabelle said.

"Andie?" called a voice.