CHAPTER 11: Glimpses Of Past

Start from the beginning

"He started to live outside more than in it. He started to take his job in other state so that he have to live less in his own house. He sent money for our living but come to see us once or twice a month. Seeing the situation, Britney, my step mom forced me to do the household chores. Being a typical Cinderella, I too did she asked. She gave me punishment too like beating, standing in rain, closing me in dark basement, starving me, throwing things at me, even putting boiling water on me. She also discovered many innovative things to punish me. These were her ways to reduce her frustration. She even threatened me that if I anyone anything then she will do worst to dad. I didn't wanted dad to go through it so, I remained silent. When dad asked me about my cuts and bruises I told him that I'm clumsy. Well, it happened only two times that dad saw the cuts and bruises. Dad always called before hand to Britney that he is coming. Britney to make sure that everything is fine before he comes.

"One day, dad came without notifying Britney before hand. That day was the day dad to became a star." I paused then said "that day I came home from school. There was slight laughing and talking voice coming from inside. I carefully opened the door slightly to peek in. The scene I saw still haunt me in my dreams. The house was mess. Glass were scattered, tables were turned, bottle and other things were scattered on the floor. In between dad was tied to a chair. In front of him was Britney and a man who often visited Britney. His name was DeAndre Flan Black." I paused for a minute picturing the scene, picturing my dad tied to the chair with a black eye, blood rushing from the left side of his head." DeAndre was asking my father to sign some papers on gunpoint but my dad was constantly on denial. Suddenly DeAndre's eyes got on me. He pulled me and made me at the gunpoint. He threatened dad that if he didn't sign it, he will kill me. Dad always felt guilty that he can't do much thing to save mom. He didn't wanted to add another guilt of not able to save me. So he signed it". I paused looking directly outside the window toward the moon. There was silence for some minutes but someone thought to interrupt it.

"Then!" It was Nick's voice.

"Then what Nick, nothing. Do you expect someone like DeAndre will let us go!" I took a deep breath" as soon as dad sign the fucking papers, DeAndre pulled the trigger. My dad died in front of me. His blood splashed on me. I ran towards him, crying, shaking him to get up but he was not there anymore. His blood was all over me. DeAndre pulled me from him  and locked me in the basement. I cried the whole day in that bloody dress thinking that now I have no one whom I can call mine".

***

NEEL'S POV:

"The next day... " She continued "... I was being pulled from the floor of the basement on which I was sleeping. They asked me to pack my back. They said that we were leaving. I did as they told. I didn't hve that energy to argue with that. Soon we reached Malicate, the original house of DeAndre and Britney. There I met James, their son. DeAndre and Britney were already married. Britney married my dad for money. They already have planned that. They took everything money, property, my family, my happiness, my freedom and most importantly my ... Dad " A sob erupted from her but she controlled it. Our eyes has been adjusted to the dim moonlight in the room. We can easily saw Kat siting on the chair looking outside the window. She rubbed her cheek with the back side of her hand.

"For people not to get suspecious, they put me in James' school. They strictly instructed James that I should not have any friends, there should be noone I can talk to. They were afraid that if I talk with anyone there is a chance that I will spill the beans. James too worked on their command. He was ashamed to be heard as my brother or boyfriend or anything. He started to bully me, call me names, made me an emo freak but I always speak my mind to him. People started to adorn me because I stood up for myself. People wanted to talk to me which made the work more difficult for James. He never bullied me in home. He used to avoid me at home but when his assign task was getting out of hand, he came to my room. He said  that it will be better if I became an emo freak in school. It will make my life more easier, it will minimise the beating, the torture I get in home from  the step parents whenever they found out that I talked to someone. That day I realised James is not the bad guy, he is only helping me. In school he only bullied me to get the people out of the way. He never was mean to me. Sometimes he even sneaked food in my room. I thought I got a big brother. I always wanted a big brother."

"If he is a good guy then why were you tried to hide from James in mall?" Nick asked.

"Nick, did you forget our deal! One of them was not to interrupt me"

"Sorry sis."

She started again after a pause taking a deep breath "my life was the usual: get up, make breakfast, go to school, act as a freak, come home as I can, do house chores, get punishment, then bed. A simple life. I was their personal maid without charging fees. I did whatever they want yet to get ready for punishment. Sometimes I received punishment even when I didn't did anything wrong. Eventually I grew used to it. One day, maybe when I was 12, some people came. They looked like the villains of the movie.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)

_______________________________

Dont forget to-

Vote

Comment

Share

Stay tuned for next chapter.