Chapter - 17 Trembling

Start from the beginning

I crouched down in front of the door, feeling helpless. I just can’t believe myself, I risked the life of my sister and my nephew who was about to see this world after 3 more weeks.

The cries shushed when the door opened and I saw his shoes wrapped in polythene.

“Stop making a scene Manzar, get up.”

I need not to tell twice,
“Please Bhaia let me see her, both of them. I love her Bhaia. Please.”

He grabbed my arm tightly, I winced in pain but didn’t showed it, I deserve what I was getting.

“She delivered the baby before the due date. Do you even have the slightest idea how much of a risk it is to deliver a baby before the completion of 40 weeks or the fucking due date.”

“She fainted before reaching the hospital. You know that? I was this close to lose them both.”
He screamed at me, clutching my arm tightly

I cried even harder,
“I am so sorry. Let me meet her I will apologize for what I did.”

I was trying to peek inside I needed a single glimpse to assure my heart they both were fine.

“You think I will allow you? Never!”
he looked murderous by now

The nurses near us were looking at us like I was some home wrecker or something.

“Bhaia please. Please.”
I pressed my palm together pleading him, crying.

His gaze softened looking at me.
“I am a bad girl Bhaia please I promise I will never come in front of both of them, just one look please.”

“Manzar…”

“Please Bhaia…” I cried my hands still in the same position

“Beta…” just then he hugged me, squeezing me tight,
“I can’t be angry with you for longer than this.”

I cried clutching his shirt. I was weeping badly.

I couldn’t care less, my face was possibly a mess, tears running down my now red puffy eyes, nose all snort-y and mouth trembling not even able to control the whimpers coming out.
“I’m so sorry”

“It’s okay. Breathe, just breathe.”

“They both are fine. The baby is healthy and so is your sister.”

He hugged me tight and brushed my head before kissing it.
“Calm down. I’m also sorry for my behavi…”

“No! You did nothing wrong. It was all me. I should’ve kept my calm and explained it to everybody”

Aditya cupped my face,
“We were just trying to make you happy nothing else, you didn’t even let us to complete what we had to say, you know that right.?”

I nodded now wiping my tears,
“I am sorry.”

“It’s okay”
he hugged me once again and kissed my head,
“Let’s get you all clean before your sister could pluck my own eyes out.”

I tried to smile, I really did but it never came. I was still tensed. Seher was going to kill me before plucking his eyes off.

After splashing my face with cold water twice and then trice, I was certain my good for nothing face was lacking moisture.

First crying and now splashing.

I wiped my nose to the level it turned blood red and tried to comb my hair with my fingers.

When I was looking two out of ten on my rating scale I walked out.

“Whoa! Guess who looks like those monkeys.” Aditya remarked

“Shut up!”
I grumbled running a hand through my still wet-ty nose

“Here I brought you some coffee”
I took the paper cup from him and took a deep breath in, inhaling the fragrance, hoping it would calm my heart beats.

“I am sorry”
I said looking up at Aditya, who was now calm and was looking out the window near the lounge area.
My eyes once again threatened to fill with warm salty water

He nodded saying,
“You know you did a number on her, she was crying the whole way when we were driving her to the hospital. Mom and Dad, they were both trying to talk her out to take deep breaths where she was worried sick about you being alone in the house”
he sighed

“she was worried that you will blame yourself if anything happen to her and the baby. She was telling mom to stay home for you, so that you won’t freak out once hearing the news, but we were almost half way”

I sniffled.

“Hey! I am not telling you this all to make you feel bad or to cry again. I want you to know, you are her first child before the child she just gave birth too. She loves you more than she loves herself.”

“She doesn’t really love herself.”

I said looking into his eyes, biting my upper lips to stop it from trembling my eyes were again shedding tears.

He laughed, “So why is her cupboard is filled with all those creams and lotions or what we call that found… something of her skin colour?” he tried remembering the word

I smiled a little,” foundation” before sniffling

“Yes! That! Explain why?”

“That is because she loves you.”

“How this got anything to do with me?”

“You like her when she wear makeup?”

“Her skin looks shiny and her black eyes become more vibrant and…”

“I take that as a yes… so she loves you more.”

“Hey! But nothing can defeat her morning grumpy face”
he said making a crunchy look mimicking Seher’s morning expression

“You did not just made fun of my elder sister!” I gasped

“What! I do that all the time” he shrugged smiling

“Come on let me show you my son.”
He said standing up giving me his hand

I followed with trembling beats.

__________________________

I hope you like it,
with love
Ankita 🦋

I hope you like it,with loveAnkita 🦋