3: The Mysterious Tomorrow

Start from the beginning

The information stated that these families were taken in the name of work and then sent to the terrorist organizations in Syria to be recruited and used as fighters, human shields, or human bombs.

Until a certain time, the Intelligence was unfortunate in having any solid evidence about Ganesh Mishra's involvement in such kind of act, so they arranged to plant a secret agent so they would have eyes and ears inside his group, and if the evidence was found, destroy that cell from the inside.

Who can be a better choice than an invisible man?

Ironically, when the other members used to ask Khalid about his life before joining them, or where was he before, he would simply give them a one-word answer.

"Dead."

They would laugh, thinking that he was joking, but for him it was the truth. Khalid wasn't there anymore, he only lived inside of him. For the world, he was Ronnie, and he must stay like that.

So far, Mishra's name was clean. The man's actions were legal and spotless and Khalid could find nothing despite his deep digging in everything related to him. However, the suspicious one wasn't the boss, it was his assistant, Devak.

Devak, the golden boy of the boss group and the right hand of the boss. He was young, determined, and ruthless despite his rugged look and unruly style. Khalid could see the veil of mystery he wrapped himself with, could smell the impurity of his actions. From enigmatic meetings to obscure trips, he knew that he wasn't as shiny as he looked.

Khalid had already put him on the top of his blacklist and made sure to silently follow his movements without causing any hassle.

The day before, he managed to put his hand on his laptop and copy its contents onto a flash drive while he was busy partying with his team. That was Devak's weak point, he loved everything about the loud, crazy nightlife and he would drown in it if it wasn't for his followers who would always pull him out at the last minute.

The flash drive was safely hanging around Khalid's neck in the form of a medal, attached to a thin chain and hidden under his clothes. He only needed to find the appropriate time to sneak out and give it to the right person who would know how to deal with such information.

Devak, on the other hand, wasn't too fond of Ronnie. He always questioned the way he appeared out of nowhere and joined the crew, always tried to find errors in everything he did. He was smart, and he knew that the new man was up to something.

But Khalid knew how to maintain his clean image by being quiet and completing whatever Mishra would task him with without a blink. It awarded him the admiration of the boss himself and the others as well. Except for Devak.

As the elevator dinged its arrival, the door slid open to the spacious, luxurious hall that led to the meeting room where the boss and his partners would usually be at this time of the day. The company location was, in fact, a hotel, except that it wasn't open for guests, it was privately used by the boss and his crew. The first five floors were customized as the company headquarter while the remaining floors contained the crew rooms, so the building served as a workplace and residence at the same time with its huge restaurant, gym, and some other facilities. The only thing the boss excluded from the hotel was the nightclub, partying wasn't allowed inside the place.

Arriving at the meeting room, Khalid noticed that the boy was no longer by his side. He took a deep breath before knocking twice and pushing the heavy door open.

"I apologize for being late," he started as he stepped inside the meeting room, putting his angel halo on. As he came to a halt closer to the long meeting table, he noticed that everyone's eyes were directed at him. He hated that.

"There he is," Mishra announced with a smirk as he sat at the head of the meeting table, looking as indifferent as he could ever be with his straight outfit and apathetic features, he was in his mid-fifties but he certainly looked younger than his real age. Devak, naturally, sat by his right side, the latter gave a sideways look at Khalid, "where have you been, Ronnie?"

"I'm sorry, boss," Khalid replied, "my phone battery is out of charge."

"Anyway," the boss dismissed, "it's good that you could make it in time before our friends leave, I was just telling them about what you did yesterday, they were very glad and they wanted to see you in person to thank you."

Recognizing the 'friends' as the old Mr. Sharma and his wife, the traders whom the boss had a long work history with, he recalled the events of the previous day as Devak glared with unmistakable loath at him.

Yesterday, a pair of trucks were supposed to arrive at one of the company's warehouses to unload its contents and prepare for transfer. However, a small gang decided to recreate one of Hollywood Western movies and cut the way on the trucks in order to hijack them. When the news reached Mishra's hearing, he immediately sent Ronnie to look over the matter and treat it the way he saw suitable.

Without hesitation, Ronnie complied and headed to the sight with two other men. At first, he tried to talk them out of it, but when they showed no sign of abidance, he had to deal with them the hard way.

He succeeded in leading the trucks to their warehouse safe and whole as he walked out of the ordeal unscathed, although, his two comrades sustained some bruises. But the good news was that no one of that gang was kept on his feet, except for one to tell the story.

"What you did was amazing, son," the old Mr. Sharma said, "you saved our shipment, and now it has arrived at its destination, thanks to you," he directed the last sentence to Mishra who acknowledged him with a nod.

"I did nothing, sir," Khalid shyly smiled, placing his hands behind his back, "it's my duty."

"And you did it very well," the boss admired, "the shipment was successful and everything is going in the right direction, and for that, we're holding a special celebration today at the Mystic nightclub."

The old man and his wife cheered their approval, Devak seemed as if he was about to implode when he whispered something in Mishra's ear before storming out of the room, purposefully bumping shoulders with Khalid on the way.

As for Khalid, he struggled to keep the smile on his face, that was the last thing he was looking forward to.

********************
[A/N] A quick update in celebration of reaching the 300 reads milestone, hope you will like it.

Don't forget to vote and comment, make this little Wattpad author happy.

Thank you for reading! :)

The War Within《A Tiger Shroff Fanfiction》On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara