Chapter 1: Dreams

Lakster P.O.V

This face keeps on playing on my mind. That freckled face that looks like seed find it's rightful home. The child with red hair flowing in the wind. Looking at me, smiling. Then suddenly, it jumps to when the child pushed me to the ground. I remember crying heavily, that I couldn't breathe. I remember the face going further and further away from me. Then suddenly....

*Buzzzzzzzzzzz*

I woke up.

Every night, I kept dreaming about this child. I don't know if it's a childhood memory or another useless dream. At this point, I already memorised the child's face in my mind.

I looked at the clock beside my bed and it showed that it's already 7:00am. I got up from my bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and possibly wake me up from my sleepy trance.

It's another day that I have to go to work. I washed and get myself ready for another bustle in the city.

I went down and saw my Mom cooking her most famous dish, Spaghetti with meatballs. It was her go-to food when she doesn't know what food to cook for us.

"Hi, mom." I greeted and kissed her cheek.

"Oh, Lakster. You're up early. I thought I would have to drag you down again this morning. Good thing you know what's good for you." My mom said as she gave me a plate of the food.

"Yeah, I have to work early today. There's still stuff I haven't finished yesterday."

"Oh, Okay. I can't believe my baby boy is all grown up. Look at you in your suit. So dashing."

"Mom, I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me baby boy. For Christ's sake. I'm 6'1" , I'm even taller than dad."

"Why do I hear my name being called this early?"

Dad walked in the kitchen towards his chair to sit and eat breakfast. Good thing that I woke up early. Since I started working, I rarely got the time to eat breakfast with them.

"Oh honey, Lakster. Can you please wake up, Zeke. He'll be late for school at this point." My mom said, as she continues to cook the food.

I walked up stairs, to wake up that lazy ass brother of mine. He's currently a junior in high school, which meant that he still have to wake up early, or else, Mom's armalite mouth will be his punishment.

"Hey, Zeke. Wake up! Mom said, she'll beat your ass if your not downstairs in 10minutes."

And with that, Zeke opened his eyes and lazily went to the bathroom.

We're both afraid of our mom. Hell, one time I was late cause I was partying at my friends house. The next morning, when I wake up. Mom had this sign saying...

"Repeat that one more time, and see what will happen."

It's safe to say that I never did repeat it. I don't want to see what will happen. I'm not a fucking idiot.

It was around 9:00 , when I finally got into the office. The view's nice in here. After graduating in college, I was offered this position by the company. It's not that hard actually, it's just tiring.

"Annie, can you bring in the files for today." I ordered my secretary.

Annie is like a sister that I never had. Since I started working here a year ago, Annie has been helping me with a lot. As one of my professor always say. 'There's always room for improvement.'