Chapter 38

"Healing comes in waves, and may be today, the waves hits the rocks. And that's okay darling. You are still healing.

________

The days had been improving for her, her anxiety, her depression was giving her less pain like it use to be during the early period of her divorce. The nights were scary and the days were lonely but now her days were less lonely because of Hana. She came here for few days along with her children to visit her parents and sister. Rida being an aunt, spent a lot of. time with her niece and nephews. The days were fun but the nights were equally despairing, desolate and grief stricken.

"Assalamu alaikum. Do we have the class today?" said Rida as she picked up her call.

"Class? You've ruined my life and you are asking about class?" Sidra said in a rage.

"Is everything fine Sidra?"

"How can everything go well when you have snatched away my Fiancè?" Sidra said exaggerating the word Fiancè at which Rida laughed.

"You are probably joking, come on, I won't be trapped this time in your pranks." Rida said as she poured a glass of water from the jug and started to drink.

"Stop pretending Rida. It's been three days since he came to my home and broke off the engagement. I am sure you know about it." said Sidra with her tears flowing down which could be easily judged through the voice.

"I am sorry. I do not know about it Sidra." Rida said realising as it did not look like a prank.

"Stop lying at my face. I know you must have got his proposal but you are denying it, to be innocent of all this."

"Why in the world will I get his proposal Sidra. There are so many people in this world whom he can marry, why will he marry a divorcee? I think you have had some misunderstanding. Please find out the real reason and then blame me." Rida replied, denying every blame coming towards her.

"I am very clear about it. I asked him the reason of breaking off the relation and he clearly said 'RIDA'. Now I am here to ask you, why did you do this to me?" asked Sidra.

"Sidra I am telling you this again, I have no idea of what you are speaking. Why will I do this to you?"

"Ohh so he had a dream to marry you? Where was he when a month and half went by and you were already divorced. Wait.." she said and thought for a while and then said "I did not go to the last class, did you talk to him? Or told him about your sad life and because of that he changed his mind?" said she and stopped for a while before speaking "Oh my Allah, why did I not think about this earlier. This seems a perfect trap." concluded Sidra.

"Are you blaming me just because he changed his mind? You know it very well that I can never do this. Why will I do this to my best friend?" Rida said while holding her head I'm disbelief.

"Why? It's simple. Because you were jealous. You could not go well along with your own love even when you had a love marriage and now you are jealous because we make a perfect couple. My mom says jealousy can even make you murder someone." Sidra blurted out what had been weighing in her heart.

"Sidra, you are making no sense right now."

"No Rida now I can sense everything. Good bye forever." said Sidra.

"No wait Sidra. I can swear...." Rida panicked with the word 'good bye forever' but it was too late. She had been hating this word in her subconscious mind but when it was spelled, her brain messed up and went back to the days which she had been ignoring to recall.

"Goodbye" sound differently when compared with "Goodbye forever". The former expression says that 'we would meet again' and the other says 'we would never meet again, and even if we meet, the meetings would not be the same.' It was the same Sidra who was pulling her out of all this mess but now she had herself widened the black hole for Rida to be lost in it. Rida threw herself on the bed and sobbed while digging her head into the pillow.