Chapter 19

"A woman's beauty isn't seen, it is discovered."

_____

Tapping impatiently his leg, Abdullah looked up glancing with a forced smile at the new discovered faces. Although they had been his father's friend family, he had rarely witnessed their presence. May be because he was one of the youngest member of his family and never did he pay heed to people around him except those whom he knew.

He wasn't willing to come here but the women at home were capable of dragging even the carcass to walk on earth when they have made up their mind to do so.

Since he had been dragged here, he had already made up his mind to say a no since finally fixing his marriage would need a yes as an answer. He was all ready except the fact that he would end up hurting the family of his father's friend but he had no other option so an apology was already sent by him to his Lord, Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

"You can come." said a boy to Abdullah.

"Wh..who.. Me?" stuttered Abdullah while everyone laughed around him.

"Yes you are the one who came here to meet for the marriage purpose I suppose." replied the boy who had broad shoulders and a tough body structure.

"Don't worry Ali won't beat you up son." Said an uncle who looked like in his mid forties. Abdullah stood up to go with the boy whose name was Ali.

"Bro are you okay? I mean you are sweating profusely." asked Ali as they exited the room.

"I am okay."

"You better me as you are going to meet my sister for marriage." said Ali and Abdullah just walked behind him, not uttering a word.

They entered a room where a girl was sitting, who had neatly tied her hijab. She faced the other side of the room and so Abdullah hadn't glanced at her. It wasn't like he was very much interested to look at her but they had to face each other shortly.

"I am sitting right here, you can talk to her." said Ali and Abdullah moved forward while Ali stopped him by catching his hand and whispered "descent talks."

Abdullah who was already nervous to meet a girl whom he wasn't a bit interested while her brother made him more anxious by throwing fuel to the already burning flames of the fire.

"Assalamu alaikum." he greeted.

"Walaikum assalam." she replied as he reclined on the chair placed in front of her.

There was a pin drop silence in the atmosphere. The devil in him asked him to look at the girl but the heart of a believer which belonged to Allah didn't allow him to look at a girl whom he wasn't ready to get married. His gaze was locked on the ground taking rides from his shoes to hers.

"Umm do you have any questions?" she said finally breaking the silence and he could feel her gaze upon him.

"Umm no..."

"No?"

"I me..mean yes."

Damn! There aren't any questions.

"Shoot then." said that girl.

"No ladies first."

Alhamdulillah for who ever discovered ladies first philosophy.

"I am not a feminist, so I don't believe in it. You may ask your questions." said the girl confidently. It felt like the girl was a boy and vice versa.

"Okay so what is your favorite colour?" asked Abdullah and mentally cursed himself for asking such question. This question was usually asked in the childhood by our best friends so that they made sure that they were on the same lane on the basis of colours.