Chapter 9

Ella had been on the ward for 2 weeks. She was anxious and was ready to leave. But her doctors didn't think she was ready. This angered Ella but there was nothing she could do.

The whole team had met when she was on her second week and all agreed that she still needed sometime here before she could be released.

Ella was sat on her bed looking out the window when one of the nurses came in.

"Ella, can you come with me to get labs done." Ella nodded.

The staff wanted to keep on top of her labs to make sure that everything was good. Her iron was going up which was good.

After that, Ella went and hung out in the day room to color. The room had a couple couches with a flat screen on the wall that they used for movies at night. There was a table for the patients to color or write with. There was also a big window that let a lot of light in and gave a great view of the city.

Ella was coloring when she was interrupted by her doctor. Dr Clifford. He was a kind man but was firm when he had to be.

"Ella, can you come talk to me for a minute?" Dr Clifford asked

Ella nodded, standing up from the table. She followed him to a room that had a couch on one wall. Two chairs on the other wall in front of the window. She took a seat on the couch, bring her knees to her chest. Dr Clifford took one of the chairs and pulled out his notepad.

"How are we doing today?" He asked.

"I'm ok." Ella said.

"Have you had any suicidal thoughts or any thoughts of hurting yourself?"

"Thoughts about hurting myself."

"Why do you think that is?"

"I don't know. When can I go home?"

Dr Clifford sighed. "We don't think your ready yet."

Ella was frustrated, annoyed, anxious and was running with emotions.

"Why can't I go?"

"You're not ready yet." Dr Clifford said.

Ella stood up, angered and tried to run out of the room. But Dr Clifford caught her wrist. Ella screamed in frustration trying to hit his hand away.

"Ella, you need to cooperate."

"No."

Ella kept trying to fight his hands before she finally got out of his grip. She ran out the door and tried running away but she wasn't fast enough. Another doctor who was in the hall got her to the ground and restrained her. Ella was shouting and screaming. Trying to fight the doctor.

"Ella, you need to stop fighting or your going to be sedated." Dr Clifford said.

Ella didn't listen and kept trying to fight. She had a doctor at the upper part of her body and one at her feet. She could hear Dr Clifford tell a nurse to get the shot ready. She kept trying to fight until she felt something and her body started going limp. Her eyes started to close and she was out.

"Ok, we need to put her in bed with restraints." Dr Clifford said.

After she was moved to her bed, she was restrained to her bed so she could run when she woke up. She would be out of it when she woke up due to the medication.
______

Ella woke up the next day with the sun shining through into her room. She tried to move when she realized she was restrained to her bed.

"You had a rough day yesterday." She looked over to see Ashton sitting next to her.

"What happened?" Ella asked. She didn't really remember what happened.

"You freaked out and they had to sedate you." Ashton said.

Ella nodded. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to check up on you and see how you were doing. I know this is hard but you need to be here for a little longer. You can't just fight doctors because you don't want to be here. Dr Clifford is one of my good friends. He wants you to be stable before you can leave. I don't want to find out your fighting more doctor's." Ashton said.

Ella nodded. "I won't."

Ashton gave her a pat on the shoulder. He cared about her and wanted to see her get better.

Little did he know that he would be getting even more unexpected news.