Chapter 4

Hey everyone, I hope you like this!! Xx

I groaned into the pillow - hearing clanking, voices and arrogant laughter. My first Labour day off for the year and Zayn gets the entire gang over. Great.

I huffed gently, hoisting myself up - I had to blink incoherently a couple of times and I then wiped my eyes. I was soon enough dressed and freshened up, then I just sat on the bed and went through a couple of odd things on my phone until I heard the smash of a glass.

"Max..." I pace to myself knowing it'd be him to bump a glass off the bench. I yawn, wipe my eyes once more before I stand to my feet, finding myself going down the stairs - clutching onto my phone carefully.

I peer into the kitchen and smirk to myself, seeing Max standing there above a broken glass to have Scarlett lecturing him.

"... Just when we thought you couldn't get any more stupid." One of the men chuckle and I sigh lightly. They always had a go at Max and somehow, I felt protective of him, like he was my little brother.

"It wasn't my fault - someone left their glass too close to the edge!" He protests, his head shaking. "Let me clean it up before Niall wakes up." Scarlett mutters.

"Good morning." I chuckle stiffly, to the few gang members inside - the rest all outside with Zayn - I was guessing.

"M'sorry Blondie." Max musters out.

"Don't apologise. Shit happens." I say lightly, going over to the fridge to grab out the bottle of juice only I drink, quickly pour myself a glass and lean myself on the bench.

"So what's on today?" I ask, my eyebrow raised.

"Today's Labor day." Scarlett grins, picking up a couple shards of glass.

"Yeah, I know... What does that mean?" I chuckle.

"Racing day, Blondie." Jay, one of the younger men from Zayn's gang explains.

"You guys always go to the races." I say lightly, sipping from my juice.

"All of the gangs from the area are coming up today. S'we've all got to race." Max explains further, giving me a small smile.

"Oh that sounds good. I wish you guys luck." I say, nodding my head as I walk toward the back door - ducking out to say good morning to Zayn.

"Hi," I sigh lightly, him frowning up at me.

"I thought you wanted to sleep in." He questions gently, reaching in to hold my waist.

"I did, I just woke up early s'all." I say lightly, my lip bitten.

"Okay love," he sighs, "how was your sleep?"

"Alright." I shrug, leaning down to kiss his lips as I pull away, making my way back to the door. "Yours?"

"Great." He nods to me. "Love you." I hum, watching as a couple of his gang members snicker.

"Love you too." He replies, some of them groaning and snorting making me roll my eyes, going back inside with Jay, Scar and Max.

"You should come." Max gets out to me. "I mean, it should be a good day - there's nothing else to do otherwise." He explains and I raise an eyebrow.

"It should be relatively safe Blondie, s'ran by some of the older gangs which means they value a bit of integrity within races." Scarlett says, flicking up her hair which was lazily behind her.

"Maybe." I shrug. "Will Zayn allow it?"

"Well, let's see," Scar huffs, opening the door.

"Blondie's coming today." She announces to him, he raises an eyebrow.