Chapter 3

"They're going to be here any second." Max hums, walking into the lounge room with a small smile. I simply lift my head up from Zayn's chest, flicking my hair up as I watch him run around, getting things ready for the group dinners we like to have every week. It was our turn to host it and well... Neither Zayn or myself made an effort today. Especially when we're around each other so Max resorted to it.

"That's nice Max." Zayn sighs, pecking the crown of my head as I lay it back down on his chest, feeling his fingertips still on my back as we watch the movie.

"You know, the two of you could actually show some interest in these things once in a while. I feel like your live-in maid." He mutters.

"I usually do it all myself." I huff lightly, staring up at him.

"Yeah well, when is Malik going to get up and help?" He mutters.

"I can't cook mate." Zayn says lightly, holding me tighter.

"Neither can Blondie but that doesn't stop him." He sighs, and I glare at him.

"I can so cook." I grunt.

"It's the effort you put in that's amazing, Blondie." Zayn gets out into my neck and I sigh to myself, putting it behind me and hardly caring if I can cook or not. I curl my legs up, him pretty much cradling me as we await our friends.

"I really can't be bothered." He then murmurs into the crook of my neck.

"With what?" I chuckle gently, reaching down to hold his hand - hardly caring about some kids movie that just so happened to be on the television when we decided to sit down.

"Kids." He grunts and I sigh to myself.

"A couple of hours Teddy, then it's just the two of us." I sigh.

"Good." He mutters and I smile lightly at my little ball of anger.

"Oh, I heard a car." Max grins, glancing out the window.

"Give it a minute. You'll hear me smashing your head into a window." Zayn mutters out and I let out a small snort, pecking his chest as I pull out of his embrace. He only hums in protest.

"Relax." I nod to him watching as he sighs, ruffling his hair up.

"Okay." He answers in such a monotone voice as he sits himself up, slouching and rubbing his eyes.

"Hey love." I hear Max get out, stepping aside - Scarlett stepping in with Jack in her arms, peacefully asleep.

"Hey." She whispers as Liam comes behind her, holding onto her shoulder gently - giving us all a small smile.

"Hey Blondie, Malik." She nods to them, as she walks her way over to me. I peer down at the one year old in her arms, making me smile lightly, my lip bitten as I watch him.

"I love his little hat." I admire the red beanie as she rolls her eyes.

"Guess who it's from." She snorts, eyeing off Max who was talking to Liam about something.

"Oh god." I murmur, chuckling.

"Could you hold him for two seconds?" She asks me. "I need to call someone." She sighs, all busy with the wedding.

I smiled to myself, more than willing to hold onto their baby boy. I take the sleeping infant into my arms, my lip bitten as she walks into the other room - phone to ear.

"Teddy," I whisper out, glancing up to see him texting on his phone, looking like he didn't even want to be here.

"Yeah?"