144 | end

kim yohan's point of view

how shall i start this story?

i grew up practicing taekwondo, it's all i ever wanted.

i grew up with arin, she's all i ever wanted as well.

but somewhere along the lines, i find myself dreaming. it was a distant dream. a dream that i never tried on reaching. i already had my life laid out in front of me anyway, there's no way i would walk away from that. or so i thought.

"chase your dreams." arin told me one night when we were out in their yard, lying beside eachother and watching the stars together.

this girl, park arin, have been with me since i can't remember, and i'm glad that she is. we knew eachother way back when we were little and we grew up together. she lives in the house across ours, we go home together, we were always side by side, facing eachother, and before i knew it, we became bestfriends. she was always there for me and i tried my best to always look out for her too. i always found myself protecting her, at first i thought maybe it's nothing serious, but i knew well that i've fallen when i found myself admiring her more then the view in front of us, when her mere smile could make me smile as we, when i'm doing my best to make her happy, and i'm sad whenever she's sad, that's when i knew, i've fallen for this woman.

but of course, there are bridges that we couldn't cross and one of those was the bridge between friendship and confessing. am i willing to risk what we have for something more?

i was lost in my thoughts, but she pulled me back to my feet. as always.

"ne, yohan, what's your dream?" she asked.

you. i wanted to answer. but that would only make her hit me in the face.

to be member of the national taekwondo team and bring glory to my family. that should be my answer.

but somehow, at the back of my mind, i found myself dreaming to stand in the stage and shine. but that's just absurd so i pushed the thought aside.

"i don't know." i answered her question.

"you don't know?"

i shrugged, while she just look at me with her beautiful eyes, confused.

"no matter what that was, chase it and make it come true, okay? take a risk, yohan, it's better than regretting everything later on. you'll never know, maybe that's where you're really meant to be."

her words lingered on my mind for how many days, months, years. and before i knew it, i'm already set to attend an elite sports university with full scholarship.

that means one thing.

arin and i will be apart.

the night when i told her about the news, our prom night, she cried. seeing her cry made me had second thoughts to never go and just stay there with her.

it was hard at first, being away from home, from her, my home, but i managed anyway. for the time being, i just focused on working hard and training, trying to become the best i could be.

but one day, that path became blurry, and a new path was opened in front of me.

i became an idol trainee.

things happened so fast that i just found myself auditioning to produce x 101. a new season of that show that produces successful idol groups like i.o.i, wanna one and iz*one. how did i knew about them? arin. she loved that show and those groups so much.