Chapter 1: The Hurting

A/N: Hey guys! This is my first story up on Wattpad...let me know how you like it. Brief warnings: This story will contain child abuse, hinting at the rape of a minor, suicidal tendencies, self-mutilation, and will eventually lead to a male/male relationship, though it remains innocent. If any of this bothers you in any way, DO NOT READ! I have warned you, and will not be held responsible if you read and are offended by anything.

Also, there will be character death, both minor and major. You have been warned.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters, nor am I making a profit out of this piece. This is merely to provide myself something to do, and give you enjoyment. As much as I wish these beautiful characters were mine, they belong to Rowling. The plot is mine though.

And now, enjoy!

~ + ~

The room was devoid of comfort, of anything normally found in a bedroom. The only thing that hinted at the room's purpose was the tiny bed in the corner. Dirty sheets, torn and ragged, covered the flimsy mattress, and the wooden frame was not much better. What little light there was filtering through the thick layer of dirt covering the window revealed a huddled shape, pressed into the farthest corner of the bed.

The young boy sat there, curled up in a fetal position, his hands clenched into tiny fists. His skinny five year-old body shook, from cold, from pain, and from the sobs that wracked his entire person. The trembling grew even worse, as the boy's ears registered a sound he had learned to fear.

Footsteps.

Footsteps on the stairway.

Footsteps stopping in front of his door.

The creaking of the door was ominously loud in the bare room, and the boy let out a whimper. The light spilling into the room from the doorway not only enhanced the bruises and cuts on the child's face and arms, but also the shape of a large, hulking man. Vernon Dursley leered at his nephew, his eyes raking over the boy's body.

"Get up, boy," he growled. His nephew shuddered and shook his head.

"No, please...not tonight, Uncle. Please..."

Vernon ignored the sobbing pleas, crossing the room in a few strides. He grabbed a fistful of the boy's messy black hair, and yanked. As the boy whimpered again in pain, Vernon shoved his face into his. "You will do what I tell you to, when I tell you too," he snarled, before shoving the boy back.

Harry fought to keep the bile from rising in his throat, as his uncle loomed over him.

Vernon began to undo his belt, loving the way his nephew squirmed away from him. "Petunia and Dudley went out to the movies tonight," he explained with a harsh laugh. "You and I are gonna have some fun, boy."

Harry's eyes grew wider, and he shook his head frantically. "No, please! Please, Uncle! I'll be a good boy...I'll be a good boy...just don't do...don't do that..." His frightened sobs became screams, rising in pitch, as the older man drew closer.

Harry's screams faded, however, as his once-brilliant green eyes dulled, and he retreated within himself...deep within his mind...where no one could touch him. No one could hurt him.

All the while, his broken and abused body was used by Vernon, who left him once he had gotten what he had wanted.

•••

"I'm sorry, Father." The small blonde boy stared down at his feet, his pale skin even whiter under the glare of his father. Lucius Malfoy sneered at his son.

"All I asked was one simple thing, yet you couldn't even do that...you're a failure, you are. If only your mother could have borne me another son...one who is less of a disappointment."