"Obviously Nate was long gone before any of that happened..." Darcey guessed she remembered him being there and then suddenly not.

"Obviously" Claire giggled "Honestly I don't know how you managed uni with that boy" She continued to shake her head bewildered by it all.

"Neither do I"

"Remember the time we travelled to France and I got travel sickness" Darcey chuckled thinking back to the first time the four of them had gone away together.

"Oh god, he almost got out and walked the rest of the way"

"And he probably would've if it wasn't for the sick on his shoe" Darcey added, remembering how he had taken the shoe off so quickly and threw it out the window without a second thought.

"That was the first time he met your father as well"

"He certainly made a lasting impression that's for sure, don't think Dad ever let him forget it"

"He did well to come back after that" Claire paused for a moment "And I know the situation between you two aren't what it used to be. But I'm proud of you for sticking by him through all of this. He's gonna need a friend like you right now."

"Even though he left like he did?" Darcey looked up at her Mum, looking for her honest answer.

"We all have decisions we're not proud of" Claire sighed, "But we can't change the past"

"Tell me about it, or else I'd have stuck to diet coke" Darcey laughed trying to sound upbeat.

"I'm really glad Sebastian was there for you last night" Claire spoke "It good to know you have someone looking out for you"

"Mum not this again" Darcey tried to protest, but was cut short by her mother's glare this time

"No, I know I said it before but that was before I saw him with you. Like really with you, and looking after someone when they're sick is a whole other level of love" Claire explained.

"You're being ridiculous" Darcey whispered, knowing deep down that's what she was afraid of that they had fallen for each other and now she wasn't in the right place to give herself all that he deserved.

"A mother always knows" Claire smiled "Just give it a chance, something tells me he's a keeper"

One of the hardest lessons you'll learn is that the older you get the worse the hangovers will become. The few days Darcey had off before the next race weekend were spent either napping or binge-watching Downtown Abbey on Netflix.

It was a massive shock to the system when she would have to finally put a bra on and leave the house to travel to Germany for their next race. With it being Sebastian's home race and still currently leading in the championship there was a lot of buzz around the garage and motorhome.

"Don't they have anything better to film right now?" Darcey commented as they spotted at least seven different film crews gather around the front of the garage. She had gotten used to the cameras but this was borderline offensive.

"Do you think they're all here for me?" Brad joked as they worked on the car set up ready for tomorrow's free practice.

"Now that I think about it, no," Darcey smirked, rolling her eyes as she turned to work on the back of the car.

"You never know, five minutes in front of the camera can do wonders for your career nowadays" Scotty stated, giving Brad a little nudge as he played along.

"What do you mean, five minutes--what did you do?" Darcey turned around shocked while still not taking the comment seriously thinking it was some sort of joke.