35. Facing The Hurdles

Start from the beginning

And that night, I slept with mixed feelings. Excitement and fear. Excitement because I was so close to him, my heart was satisfied and fear because I was afraid of his reaction tomorrow.

THE NEXT MORNING:

"Nada." I heard a raspy voice.

"Nada!" Again.

"Nada Hashmi!" This time the tone was a bit angry.

"It's Sheikh, you idiot! I am married." I groggily spoke facing the other side.

I heard the person huff. "Nada get up at this instant."

"What? What happened?" I woke up with a shock.

"My blood circulation has been stopped." I heard Fahad say from beside me.

"What? How?" I snapped up in a second.

"Because of your grip on my hand, you stupid, leave it." Fahad answered angrily.

Then I realised that I was still clutching his hand, indeed stopping his blood circulation.

"Uh-I am sorry." How did that happen? Last night it wasn't me who was snuggling with his hand, it was the other way around.

"Your sorry is not gonna make things back to how they were." He said and walked into the washroom. I know what he was implying to, still to the topic of me falling in love with him. Now we are back to square one, when Fahad was continuing being the rude soul to me. Gradually, as the days had passed from frowning to laughing along with me, he had become comfortable around me. Presently, he is back to his uncivil behaviour with me.

Ugh! It had taken a lot of hard work to make him frank with me. But why? Why has he become like that? Just because he wants to divorce me so bad? But no, I won't let him go so easily. He must be still in shock to digest the fact. That's why he is behaving like that. I don't know that I am believing the truth or just being denial.

Thinking about all these thoughts made me lag behind, I didn't even notice that Fahad had already come out and was spreading the Janamaz (prayer rug).

I also got up, did my ablution and started my prayer too. During Dua (supplication) I asked God to guide me to the right path, whatever I am doing is correct and make Fahad fall for me too, if not that then at least make him realise that my love for him is true and not some conspiracy. I also prayed for my Mom, to reach back here, safe and sound and for Dad to have a place in Jannah (heaven).

"God! Nada? Why are you crying? I know my words might have hurted you but you can't force me to fall in love with you." I heard Fahad say with wide eyes. I see the gentleman behaviour is still there.

I didn't realise that all this while tears had started to flow down my cheeks.

"Umm- no Fahad. I always cry while I am praying, in front of Allah. He said that ask him and you shall be granted. That's it. You were worried for me?" I asked with expecting eyes while folding my prayer mat.

"Do not conclude something stupid." He spoke rudely and went to the bathroom to get ready for work, probably.

Why did he have to say that at the last? Why couldn't he just have said a simple yes and let me in live in my fantasy.

Start being practical, Nada!

I also got up, combed my hair, as I had already taken a shower and changed my clothes. As I was applying my moisturiser I noticed the necklace I was wearing which had 'Sheikh' engraved. I smiled looking at through my reflection. I was happy to wear it now. Proud too. But will I be a Sheikh forever? I don't know. But being the positive and fantasy type of person I am. I will definitely say yes.