The Morning After

Start from the beginning

I laughed, “being an Alpha has it's perks.”

“Uh”, Sozenn said, “I'm an Alpha and Fireclaw is an Alpha, what makes you so special?”

“I got Adelind didn't I?”, I asked.

Sozenn laughed, “just so you know, I got the girl of my dreams too, so suck it.”

Fireclaw laughed, “All three of us did.”

“What are you guys talking about?”, Tyson asked.

Sozenn laughed, “when we were cubs your sizes. I used to be in love with your Mom.”

“Gross”, Ace said.

“Seriously”, Dusk said.

I laughed, “it was true. Sozenn's hits got so bad there was a patch where she refused to acknowledge that he existed.”

The kids laughed. Adelind met us at a table in the back and we sat down. Adelind nuzzled me.

“Well good morning my boy”, she said, “did you sleep well?”

“Well I didn't have anymore nightmares”, I said, “so that's good, you always could calm me down.”

“Awww”, Sozenn complained, “not here, get a room.”

“Shut your trap Sozenn”, Fireclaw said, “your a mood killer.”

Rolland laughed as he and the rest of my friends arrived, “that he his.”

“Spying where we?”, Sozenn asked.

“Sorta”, Rolland replied, “watching from a distance.”

“Spying”, I said, “punishable by death by living entombment.”

Rolland just laughed as we ordered. As we ate and talked, we came to an agreement to take some time. The girls wanted to do one thing, while we wanted to do something else, so it was decided we'd split up. Once we were done eating Adelind walked back to the barracks with the girls while, Shadow, Sozenn, Fireclaw, Rolland, Syralth, Val and the kids stayed with me.

“Guys day out”, Syralth said, “what we doing first.”

“I vote hot springs”, Shadow said.

“I second that”, A voice came from behind me. I turned to see a face I hadn't seen since I was 15.

“Hunter Firechaser”, I said smiling, “how you been old man?”

Hunter laughed, “Damn Tyro you got big, what your Dad been feeding you?”

I smiled and pulled hunter into a hug. Hunter was about 6'5 and colored like Taro, black body, blood red belly and spines and green eyes. Hunter had been around a lot when I was little and had thought me quite a bit about fighting and how to survive on my own.

“I see you got kids with you”, he said bending down to pet Tyson and Helix, “so you and Adelind finally tied the knot huh?”

I smiled and laughed, “long time ago, where have you been.”

“Gone”, Hunter said, “don't ask. So we hitting the springs or what?”

“Race you!”, Ator shouted.

We all took off for the springs. There were five huge pools of steaming, bubbly water that were closed off from each other. The Ferals were pushing each other out of the way while Syralth and Hunter tossed their shits back in our faces to try and pile us up as they ran. Some how though, Tyson was the first one in, followed by Helix, Ace and then Dusk. Hunter and Syralth tied out and the rest of us just came in as a tangled mass, it was hilarious.