chapter 11 - 500 Years of Solitude

Start from the beginning

From 5.08 "Dead Man On Campus", in the backroom of the Grill, Stefan, Alex, Kacie, Katherine and Valentina stood together.

Valentina placed her hands on either of Matt's cheeks. "Vdyjit. [Come forth."

Matt's eyes turned black. Gregor took possession.

Valentina: (voice over from 5.10 Fifty Shades of Grayson) "You have the ability to keep living inside someone else's body."

From 5.10 "Fifty Shades of Grayson", in the boarding house, Katherine touched her chest as if something was really wrong. She couldn't talk or breathe well, falling down the stairs, unconscious.

Valentina was on the phone. "Katerina? Katherine?"

-----~-----

Flashback - 1490

Bulgaria 

Night - Petrova Cottage 

Everything was in Bulgarian.

Katherine, Katerina, was delivering a baby.

Valentina was helping her. "Maiko poveche, Katerina. [A little more, Katerina.]"

-----

Now 

Day One - Same Night

Night - Mystic Falls Hospital - Emergency Room

Katherine was at the hospital after having fallen down the stairs at the Salvatore Boarding House. She had flatlined and was obviously dying.

"Clear," a doctor told the others. "100 joules." The defibrillator had no effect. "200 joules. Charged. Clear."

The past and present blended when the doctor appeared to speak in Bulgarian.

-----

Flashback - 1940

Bulgaria

Night - Petrova Cottage 

Katerina screamed as she gave birth.

Valentina took the baby. 

Their mother and father were watching. 

Valentina looked at Katerina, smiling a small smile. "Tova e momiche. [It's a girl.]"  

"Momiche? [A girl?]" Katerina repeated. "Molya, Valentina, neka da ya vidi. [Please, Valentina, let me see her.]"  

-----

Now 

Night - Mystic Falls Hospital - Waiting Room 

Stefan and Alex were sitting in the waiting room.