13.

You can't believe what you're doing. Are you seriously going to give a hand job to an alien? But he looks so frightened and confused. What else can you do but help him?

He grips onto your hand with a start but doesn't make you remove it. Now you're both holding his penis. His lips part, probably about to protest, but he shuts them again. His eyes are pink, his face white and his body's as stiff as a board.

Slowly, you move your hand up and down, his hand still gripping yours tightly. He raises his eyes to the ceiling, and you can see tears glinting in the corners. His adam's apple swings up and down as he swallows hard.

He's so human in so many ways and yet so alien. Aside from his stunning face and perfectly sculpted body, his hairlessness continues all the way to his legs and groin. How can there not be a single hair? Isn't he a mammal? You briefly pause in your masturbating. Maybe he's not a mammal at all. You shake your head and continue. If there's any proof that he's warm-blooded it's his erection. And it's a big one. You might not have known many men back on Earth but you doubt few could boast such a size. And he doesn't even use it!

His hand falls away from yours as he grips his knees, letting you take control. So there's the hairlessness, but what about his nipples? No nipples! Just bare, smooth pecks.

And there's something more. It takes you several moments to realise—his belly button. He hasn't one. So strange.

He groans, his fists clenching hard around his knees. His long white hair hangs in the air behind him as he tips his head further back. You increase your pace. Tears glint on his cheeks.

You find that you don't mind this at all. Actually, you find yourself enjoying it. It's been some time since you've last touched a man or been touched by a man.

He shudders, grunts, then groans as you feel his cock spasm. And you suddenly realise you've forgotten to catch his ... stuff into something. With nothing else for it, all you can do is let it jet onto your hand. It's warm, as you expected, but it's the strangest colour, almost a luminescent blue. You release him, looking at your hand, dumbfounded, as the warm light of the room shines against it. And the realisation that he really is an alien and you really are in space thousands of miles from home sinks deeper into your understanding.

'Sorry,' he grumbles.

His cheeks are red. A bead of sweat trickles between his nippleless pecks. He reaches into a drawer and pulls out what looks like a hanky. Quickly, he cleans your hand.

'It's blue,' you say vacantly.

You lift your eyes to his. He lowers his eyes to yours. 'Yes.'

You stare at each other, you on your knees and him in his chair still holding your hand. Your heart is pounding. Your throat turns dry.

Finally, he releases you. 'Excuse me,' he says as he stands. 'I need to clean up.' And he rushes into what he calls the 'steam bath', the door closing shut behind him. The 'hanky' is on the floor. You pick it up and put it on his desk.

You hear the hot blast of steam as you sit back on the couch, your knees shut tight, your heart still pounding. You rake your fingers through your hair, unable to believe what's happening. Agitated, you get up and walk around the room. He's taking a very long time. You brush your fingers over his desk, over the walls. Strange pictures hang. They look like nothing except swirls of colour that seem to move when you look at them from different angles. Steering clear of the plants, you step close to his closet and peer inside as the door opens automatically. It's filled with more of those suits, except they're of different colours: greens, purples, pinks and greys.

Next, you turn to his bed. The sheets are rumpled, the pillows tossed about. The mattress is hard but comfortable as you sit on the edge of it. You press your hand down where he was lying last. It's still a bit warm from the heat of his body. A single white hair glistens on a pillow.

You turn to the window, your heart dropping into your stomach. He thinks he does no harm with his experiments, but he's wrong. He might return you intact but you're gone two weeks. Your mum must be riddled with worry. And though you're not particularly close to your housemate, she must be worried too, maybe even frightened for her own safety. A housemate who suddenly vanishes in the night would be a scary thing.

You wipe at your face at a sudden flood of tears. 'Oh, Mum.' The police must be out looking for you. You might even be on the news. She has to face the possibility that you're hurt or dead. That's not something any mother should bear. When you get back, if you get back, how are you going to explain it all? Who's going to believe you?

Tears blur your eyes as you gaze at the little blue ball that's Earth.

Finally he's done. The steam no longer pounds. You hear the door open with a whoosh. You don't look at him, turning your face further away, unwilling to have him see your tears.

You can hear him going about the room, probably getting changed. When he's done, he doesn't approach, keeping his distance as he watches you. You get the feeling that he's more afraid of you than you are of him. You stifle a crazy urge to laugh at the irony of it.

'Why are you here?' he says, trying to keep his voice light. 'Are your quarters not comfortable?'

You wipe your nose. 'They're comfortable, just ... frightening.'

'They're perfectly safe.'

'It doesn't matter!' you suddenly snap, turning on him. He's dressed in one of those suits—a grey one. His white hair tumbles down his shoulders. 'This whole thing frightens me. Can't you understand that?'

He stares at you and you know he's studying the tears on your face and wondering why you're so emotional. Tossing your hair, you turn back to the window. 'For an apparently smart alien, you're really dumb.'

For several moments he doesn't respond. Finally, he says, 'Thank you for helping me.'

You give a sharp nod without answer.

'Have a bath if you like to ... to clean yourself off.'

You look down at your hand. He's wiped most of it off but there is still a faint tinge of blue. And you can smell it. You can smell him. You close your hand.

'You can stay, of course,' he continues. 'If that suits you. Take the bed. I'll take the couch.'

You raise your eyebrows. You turn to him in surprise.