pick your side // 23

Start from the beginning

Darcey choose not to go down to the podium, as did a few other mechanics. When Sebastian stood on the top step looking down at the crowd, the one person he needed approval from wasn't there. 

Standing in front of the cameras and media, Sebastian was asked to explain his actions in ignoring the team orders."I put myself above that decision today, I didn't mean to - I can only say sorry and apologise" 

At this point he had accepted that what he did was not right for the team, hoping that if he admitting his wrongdoings now it would all go away. Nobody had seen or heard from Sebastian since Christian called him into his office after the race. 

The team were still working on packing away the garage when Sebastian appeared, following Britta with his head held low. Darcey refused to make eye contact, as the events and feelings from earlier came rushing back. She could feel his presence as he walked behind her to enter his driver's room, silence in the air as everyone waited for someone to say something.

"I don't expect you to understand, I just" Sebastian spoke sorrowfully, his voice horse and broken.

"You wanted to win, so that's what you did right? No matter who got hurt or got in the way" Darcey spoke out, letting her emotions take over at this point. 

"Is that what you think of me?" 

"What does it matter? You made your choice"

"I'm sorry about how I went about it, but I'm not sorry for being faster, I deserved to win" Sebastian shrugged, changing his tune slightly. 

"You ignored everyone, you went against the team. That is not okay" Darcey expressed

"I wanted to win" Sebastian argued back, annoyance building up inside of him. Darcey was the one person he wanted by his side right now and he had lost that. He was angry, but at himself. 

"Acting like a brat to get what you want stopped working ,when you were five, you know?"

"Excuse me?" Sebastian snapped "You don't get to talk to me like that" Then they yelled at each other. For the first time, ever.

"You're not the boss of me" Darcey growled, as they raised their voices in front of everyone and glared each other down.

"No maybe not, but as my mechanic - you should respect me and my decisions" Sebastian ranted, upset with how everything had worked out "Do I make myself clear?" 

"I hope it was worth it, because I'm so done with you" and they said things to each other that shouldn't have been said. But they said them. Then let anger swallow them up. Darcey left early that day, after being excused by Ian as most of the work as done anyway. 

Sebastian had left the circuit pretty soon after his argument with Darcey, not saying a word to anyone of where he was heading. He got in his car and drove off, trying to clear his head.

He stared straight ahead, driving in auto-pilot as her words haunted him 'I'm so done with you'. Sebastian cletched the steering wheel, wanting to undo all his actions and take it all back. The more he thought about the argument, the harder he pressed on the accelerator as he allowed himself to take his frustration out on the sharp turns ahead. 

It was a surprise he could hear his phone over the sound of the car engine, quickly slammed on the breaks, then coming to a sudden hult before he could catch his breathe. He was shaking as he picked up his phone, trying the best he could to seem calm.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Sebastian asked, stuttering as he tried to catch his breathe

"Hi babe, when are you finished with the race?" Sophia asked, seemingly oblivious to Sebastian's heavy breathing. This would've normally annoyed Sebastian as it was obvious she hadn't seen her boyfriends race, but at least that was one person who wouldn't give him a lecture of some sort.