"Amazing. Flawless. 10 out of 10." You set down the brunch and clapped softly, watching his grin spread across his cheeks. "Come sit?" You offered motioning towards the empty seat at your little table. "I've got some time." Might said sitting across from you. "That's good. I haven't seen you since the day you caught me."

"It has been that long, hasn't it?"

"Mhm." You nodded and set the plate in front of him. 

"Why are they so big?"

"I don't know." You cooed, eyes going wide as he picked up the sandwich. "It looks normal in your hand." That's wild. "What brings you out here?" Might quizzed, you shrugged. "I lucked up on a gift card and gave this place a try." Your eyes wandered. "I'm outside because the scenery is nice."

"So you prefer to watch the water instead of getting in?" He continued, you looked back to him and caught eye contact for a moment as he bit down.

"You could say that, but it depends on whether the water's warm." You popped a chip into your mouth and fought a smirk when your eyes met again. A waiter came over with an empty glass for your companion, and a pitcher of water bowing profusely before leaving.

"You're an interesting one." Might said as you reached over to fill his cup. "Ditto, but I'm sure you hear that enough."

"What makes you say that?" He asked as you sat back. "You," your head tilted just a bit. "You're like me. You read eyes."

"I do."

"You put up a good wall too." You giggled. "It was up that evening we spoke first, but you seem to be comfortable enough to let me see you now."

"That's what you're getting?" Might relaxed in the seat, his chin resting on an open fist. "I could say I'm testing you."

"You could, but you won't." You grinned.

"You're still the interesting one here." He said.

"I disagree, I think I'm pretty normal."

"Normal isn't synonymous with uninteresting."

"Ah." You'd just realized his croissant was gone. Damn bro.

"If you don't mind me asking." Might began, your head lifted in curiosity. "I've noticed you haven't done anything extraordinary, for lack of a better term-"

"Extraordinary?" You lifted an eyebrow. 

"For lack of a better term." He picked up, leaning forward, hands clasped and on the table. A smirk slid across your cheek. "Because you, my dear-"

"Oooh you're bad at flirting." You teased and you caught a flicker of something dash across his blue. Oh no.

"You must not have many engaging conversations to know the difference between conversing among colleagues and flirtatious advances....poor thing."

You covered your dropped jaw and turned your widened eyes away. My edges, sir! You let out a nervous laugh. "They don't call 'em number one for nothin'!" You shook your head. I've been roasted, cooked, flambéed.

You turned back to him, brows still high and blinking in shock. "Please continue. I won't cut you off again, big guy." You tried to lighten the atmosphere with the nickname you just picked within the hour.

Might took a moment to read you before an inhale to continue. "I say that you would have no ordinary quirk; if you have one that is. Do you?"

"What made you bring this up, Might?"

"There wasn't one listed on your resume."

You giggled. "Stalker."

"Hardly. You've simply peeked my curiosity."

Oh damn. "I'm flattered. Tell me how, if you'd indulge me." You borrowed his words. "Your thought process is quite different from most. It's fast and detailed."

"Oh? I'd say banal, but go on." You bit into your sandwich. That burn earlier was so hot you forgot you had food there.

"Mm." Might nodded. "I didn't give you any options, no ultimatum. The position I put you in, anyone else who experienced what you did, would've asked me to terminate an entire department. Within a minute you made an alternative that doesn't affect the livelihoods of your former coworkers or the efficiency of 'the towers'." So you were testing me. "I can't help but wonder how you'd function with the right tools."

"That's uh," you looked away, grabbing your drink. "Wow."

As you sipped from your water, your eyes met his over the rim of the cup. Trying in vain to read him, but it seemed he was too busy doing the same to show anything but how enthralled he was.

"How's that going, by the way?" You asked. "They hate it." Might answered. "What?" You shot forward. "You did it!?"

"You did, I just made a few calls."

You flopped back, palm on your forehead, in shock.

"You haven't answered my question." The hero spoke up, bringing your attention to the original subject.

"Ah, well I'm the queen of deflection."

"Nice to meet you, I'm the king of redirection."

"Oh that was smooth!" You laughed. "Mm." Might was still waiting.

"It's a secret." You answered, finally. 

"Then perhaps you'll share that secret with me one day." Somehow, you saw satisfaction wash over his face. "Perhaps."