miracles happen // 19

Start from the beginning

Sebastian hadn't spoken to Sophia since that night and luckily had a good amount of things at each place he stayed out. He knew the time to move his things out of their home in Switzerland would come but that could wait and so did approaching Darcey, at least for now. 

Now as Sebastian arrived in America he felt like a new man and he was ready to finish the season with a bang, and earning himself pole position he was on his way to doing so. 

It had been a stressful race as they saw Webber retire with an alternator issue, while Sebastian lost his 42 lap lead to Lewis during a DRS zone battle. Sebastian was still able to bring home second place, keeping Alonso behind him in third place which meant that the championship winner would be decided in Brazil. 

"And that's the constructor's championship for Red Bull Racing" the commentators announced as both drivers were able to score enough points, creating enough of a lead one race before the end of the season.

"YESS GUYS!! WOOOO! we are the championssss" Sebastian cheered over the radio, "I'm so proud to be apart of such an amazing team, great work as always"

"Thanks Seb, now let's get you to brazil and win the whole lot" Christian replied before turning to Adrian and the rest of the team on the pit wall to cheer together. 

Once the team had poured enough champagne to fill a swimming pool and taken enough photographs to start their own scrapbook, the team settled down to listen to a speech from Christain and the two drivers. 

Darcey couldn't help but stare in awe as Sebastian spoke, not just because of the deep feelings she had developed over the season, but because of how well-spoken he was. Once he had wrapped up his little speech, he went around the room giving each team member a warm smile and handshake. 

When he got to Darcey he hesitated on what to do, he wanted to pull her in and hug her, but he knew better than to do that in front of the whole garage. He settled on a simple handshake, which made Darcey chuckle slightly as she wondered what had just happened in his head. 

"That was the most sexual handshake I've ever seen in my life," Heikki whispered as the pair walked away, heading to his driver's room to collect his things. 

"I don't know what you mean" Sebastian stumbled, looking away from Heikki's amused expression. 

"Sure you don't, just promise me this - when you win the championship you won't just give her some lame handshake" Heikki smirked.

"If I win" 

"No, WHEN you win and ask her out while you're at it" Heikki winked, patting him on the back before walking out of the room. 

The Brazilian Grand Prix, the last race of the season and the final title decider. The mechanics and engineers had been working non-stop, to ensure that they had the best package to the race and with only 13 points ahead of Alonso - there was no room for error. 

During free practice on Friday and Saturday, it was Lewis who set the pace, closely followed by Sebastian and Mark. Fernando had a difficult first free practice, trailing Vettel by 0.465 seconds, twice as much as in previous races. However, he was able to lap faster than the German on the harder compound tyres in the second session.  

Now they faced the last qualifying of the season and for Sebastian, it held a lot of pressure and anticipation. The team had been running the setup, ensuring the qualifying mode was right, as Sebastian sat on his driver's chair in the corner. 

"What are you smiling about?" Darcey questioned Sebastian, noticing his grin as she walked away from her discussion with Rocky and Ian.

"Just feeling positive" Sebastian smiled and he stood up to admire his car, standing close to Darcey as they continued their conversation.