California 2014

The Second Annual Post-MCR Barbecue was in full swing. Frank was grilling veggie burgers, Ray and his wife were entertaining the kids, Mikey was too busy talking to his girlfriend to pay attention to anything, and Alien was sitting there and sulking.

He knew that he should be happy. He thought that he would be by now. He'd defeated his demons, he'd chosen his health over his art, he'd broken up the band when it stopped being something special, when it was only hurting him. It had been over a year since they'd called it quits, and Alien was working on a new project, one that felt fresh and exciting and different from anything he'd done before. He knew that he should be happy, but every time he smiled, it felt forced. Maybe it was just because all of his bandmates were here. Maybe it was just because being with them was digging up old memories.

"Burgers are ready!" Frank exclaimed. Everyone rushed over to get one, and once they all had their food, the four ex-members of My Chemical Romance decided to sit together.

"It's good to see you guys," Ray said. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah," Alien said as he sipped his coffee. "The last few months have been pretty hectic for me."

"Me too, but at least I have Gerard to get me through it," Frank said.

"Aww, thanks Frank," Alien said. He gave Frank a quick peck on the lips, while Mikey rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on, Mikey. You and Kristin are even worse about PDA."

"We are not!" Mikey exclaimed.

"Yes, you are."

"Quit bickering, you two," Ray said. "I've been listening to the music you guys have released, by the way. It's really amazing."

"Thanks, Ray," Alien said.

"Yeah, it means a lot," Mikey said. "I still need to finish that Electric Century album one of these days though..."

"Do it," Alien said. "'I Lied' was awesome."

"Thanks," Mikey said. "I'll release more music...eventually. I don't think you can bug me about it until you finish Hotel Oblivion though."

"I'm working on it! I swear!"

"He says he's working on the next volume of Umbrella Academy, but then I usually find him working on something else or just tweeting about comics instead of writing them," Frank injected.

"Frank! That is not true!" Alien exclaimed.

"It's true," Frank said.

"Okay, maybe it's a little true," Alien admitted.

"It's okay," Mikey said. "You can take your time. I just want to find out what happens."

"Mikey, I don't know if I say this enough, but you're my favorite brother," Alien said.

"I'm your only brother," Mikey pointed out.

"Exactly."

All of a sudden, Bandit ran up to their table. "Fwank!" she exclaimed. "Watch this!"

She pretended to play her cardboard guitar, and Frank soon joined in. Ray and Mikey kept talking, but Alien paid no attention to them as he watched his daughter and his boyfriend. It warmed his heart to see the two of them playing together, and he thought about just how lucky he was to have both of them in his life.

Alien finished his food and drank his coffee, while Frank kept on playing with Bandit. "Wait a second," Frank said. "I think I still have Pansy somewhere. Do you want to see it, Bandit?"

"Yeah!" she exclaimed.

"Okay, I'll go get it for you," Frank said.

"Uhh...maybe that's not a great idea?" Alien said as he set his coffee mug down on the table. He'd told the other Gerards to hide, but he wasn't sure if they'd listened to him, and he didn't know what would happen if Frank found out about his other selves, about time travel.