Bulletproof Love

Oooo it's actually an updatE sorry I take so long :-(

------------------------------------------

"This isn't fair!
Don't you try to blame this on me.

My love for you was bulletproof but you're the one who shot me.

And god damn it, I can barely say your name,

so I'll try to write it and fill the pen with blood from the sink."

~ Bulletproof Love by Pierce the Veil

*********************************

"Tell me about yourself." Luke grinned over at Ashton from across the table, evidence of him eating pizza all over his face. Luke had taken him to some pizza place in town. It wasn't super fancy, but Ashton preferred it that way anyway. Plus, the pizza was fucking amazing.

Ashton raised an eyebrow, "I feel like you already know everything about me, so what's there to tell?" Luke just bit his lip teasingly, eyeing Ashton. He licked his lips,

"Every time we meet you seem to get more and more comfortable with me and I find that really fucking hot," Ashton choked on the pizza he was eating, face turning red at Luke's suggestive comment.

But, in all honesty, Luke was happy to see Ashton smiling rather than insecure, hurt and alone, like when he was in school. Luke hated watching Ashton from above as he suffered like that, and that's where his overprotectiveness came from.

"S-shut up," Ashton was thankful that this place had a lot of other people, since it made it harder to hear their specific conversation when it was mixed in with other conversations.

Luke continued to gaze at Ashton, making him fidget uncomfortably. "Stop staring at me." Ashton muttered, looking down at his feet in embarrassment.

"But you're so cute," Luke gushed in adoration. Ashton kicked him under the table in annoyance,

"I mean it." He grumbled, his cheeks a permanent shade of red. Ashton then looked up at Luke, who was already looking at him, but when wasn't he looking at him? But why did Luke even like to look at Ashton? He wasn't good enough for someone as perfect as Luke. A sigh slipped past his lips, "Tell me about you." He finally said, watching as Luke ripped a napkin apart.

Luke's eyebrows shot up, as if it was a challenge. "Well, uh-" he looked around nervously, "it's a long story?" He tore the napkin into even smaller pieces, like he was distracting himself from the question.

"Luke," Ashton frowned, "please tell me. I don't want to have you know everything about me but me not know anything about you." He explained, chewing on his bottom lip anxiously. Luke finally caved in at Ashton's adorable expression, feeling his heart speed up.

"So, uh, basically I was immortal. Y'know, up there," Luke pointed to the ceiling, as if to say heaven, "and all angels are pretty much assigned a person on Earth to protect. I was assigned you...and I had to watch out for you. Um, this is going to sound really weird, but I've watched you live your life for about seventeen years."

Ashton took a while to process everything, and when he did, he suddenly looked shaky and nervous. "Y-you've seen everything I've done, basically?" Luke knew exactly why Ashton was afraid, but he didn't say anything.

"M'not judging you, Ash." He wanted to hold Ashton's hand that was on the table, but Luke didn't want to freak him out even more.

Ashton just looked down at the floor, wrapping his arms around himself. Luke quickly changed the subject,