𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4

Start from the beginning

"Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to ask a women about her age?" I asked while shaking my head.

"She did but to be honest, I don't really take anything seriously!"

"It's okay, I don't really care. I'm thirty."

"How old are you?" I asked nodding my head towards Mirage.

"I am twenty four years young!" Mirage states with his cocky voice.

He lets out a small chuckle and takes a seat next to me before asking 'How about you, sweetness?'.

"I'm twenty," I sigh.

"You're very young you little baby!" He pokes my cheek.

I blush slightly before looking at anything but him.

"Don't call me that!" I laugh.

"It's getting kinda dark out, let's camp out here for tonight, keep your eyes closed but your ears open, watch your sixes!"

"There is one problem with that," Mirage states.

Me and Bangalore look at him so he continues to speak.

"You know when we picked the items to go into our backpack? Yeah well I kinda sorta picked just food and water, so I have no blanket...or pillow."

I look towards Bangalore and she shakes her head.

"Don't look at me, that's sounds like a personal problem." Bangalore fluffs her pillow before laying on top of her covers.

She places an arm over her forehead and the other rests on her gun that's beside her.

"Do you think we could- maybe like-share your cover?" Mirage asked stumbling over his words.

The thought of sharing a cover with the cutie makes my heart shudder and my cheeks heat up.

Even though I'm twenty, I've never really had much experience with men.

I've always tried to help my stepdad and stepsister as much as I could.

I worked two jobs and when I was free, I was running errands for my stepdad because he's always working as well.

For my old life, I had no time for men in my life, but now, if there is a chance of dying in here, then I want to do as much as I can.

Life is too short, especially now.

I look into Mirages eyes and I smile at him.

"Yeah sure,"

"Just a warning, I do snore!" Mirage laughs and I shake my head. "I'm kidding. Do you see this face?"

Mirage points to his face and smirks.

"This is not a face of someone who snores,"

I don't know why, but I laugh at his corny joke.

"Please go to sleep!" Bangalore states as she lets out a groan.

"Sorry," I timidly state.

I grab my backpack and I get the cover out of it.

Unfolding my covers, I place my pillow on the floor and I pat the spot next to me so Mirage can lay beside me.

The pillow is a decent size so we can both share that as well.

Mirage lays next to me and once his head reaches the pillow he lets out a sigh.

We are both laying on our sides facing each other.

The both of us just sit there looking at one another.

"Why are you staring at me?" Mirage asked in a low whisper.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked back.

"You would not know that I was staring at you unless you were staring at me!"

I narrow my eyes at him and I turn around so I'm not facing him.

"Go to sleep," I chuckle before closing my eyes.
———