chapter three - tutorials and sweet dates

chapter three
tutorials and sweet dates
-

chapter threetutorials and sweet dates-

-

shawn had his glasses pushed up behind his curls, partly so his curls stay out of his face, and also because he wanted to seem the smallest bit academic; his mum was telling him off because he wasn't wearing them.

"hey! nate," shawn calls, seeing one of his closest friends talking to a couple other people he recognises from the university tennis team.

"shawn," nate says, pausing his conversation and turning slowly to face shawn. "glasses?"

"mum forced me," shawn replies with a small grumble. "what's up man? why the gloomy face?"

"you seriously treat the girl who's not my girl yet but will be my girl like that and you expect me to be nice to you?" nate shoots out, letting out a sarcastic chuckle. "shove off shawn."

"bro seriously? you're taking sides with a girl you just met over me? i've known you for years man," shawn tries to compromise.

"a girl i just met? god you really don't listen when people talk to you. i've known her since first year," nate sighs. "i'm not talking to you till you apologise to her. and i have a date with her tonight, and if it moves to something more you're gonna be seeing her a hell of a lot more- hey love," he cuts himself off, plastering on a massive smile and looking behind shawn for a moment. shawn scrunches up his face in confusion, before turning around and seeing the short brunette he's grown to hate recently.

"hey," she beams, walking up to nate and greeting him with a short hug. "i was just about to text you, can we meet at 8 instead of 7? i've got a random tutorial ending at 6 now."

oh fuck no, shawn thinks to himself, looking at the brunette who's nestled herself in a hug with nate, before smiling widely at him and walking away, straight in the direction of where shawn was heading.

"she already means a lot to me, and i swear if you're rude to her one more time, i'll punch you," nate warns him, making shawn gulp softly in response. "see you around."

"yeah," shawn nods, before sighing gently and walking to his tutorial room, a slightly glum aura in his step.

oh screw this, alana thought to herself, seeing the boy she's decided to detest walk into her tutorial room with her favourite professor. she rolls her eyes as he walks in, taking a seat on a separate table, making professor williams look at him funnily.

"mr mendes, are you really going to sit all the way over there when miss summers already has her things out?" professor williams asks shawn, making alana chuckle gently to herself, before looking at the other brunette with a raised eyebrow.

"sorry sir, i thought-"

"you seem a lot more prepared now though, congratulations on being early," the professor continues, making alana laugh to herself again.