chapter two - devil wears prada

chapter two
devil wears prada
-

chapter twodevil wears prada-

-

alana couldn't help her mouth to gawk at her surroundings. this couldn't be a university students flat? she thought to herself, eyeing up the expensive kitchen, decked out with various bottles of alcohol, and surrounded by groups of people.

"con, you sure your friend owns this place?" she mutters to her best friend, eyes scanning around and looking for the maths student who made her heart leap countless amounts of times.

"shawns rich," connor answers, shrugging and going to the table, grabbing two bottles of corona, handing one to alana. "speaking of, i see my friends. see ya later."

"charming," alana whispers to herself, seeing connor walk straight into a crowd of people, greeting some of the boys with that awkward chest hug hand grab thing they do.

she took a long sip of her beer before sighing gently and looking round to see if she recognised anyone there. her heart pretty much skipped a beat as soon as she laid eyes on the one person she had dressed up for, and almost felt herself drool as he sent her a dazzling smile, before walking to her direction.

nate edwards. smart, witty, gorgeous, nate edwards.

"hey stranger," he says softly to her, sending her a soft smirk. "haven't seen you around lately, what's up?"

"oh you know, professor stupid smith and his five thousand essays he gives a week," she replies back with a roll of her eyes. "i'm sorry i didn't text you back the other night. been either eating or in the library."

"so you don't have time to catch dinner tomorrow?" alana gawked at him, making him chuckle softly. "come on lana, nothing too fancy, we can go get pizza if you want."

"how about that chinese place that opened up near campus?" she offers, feeling a sudden urge of confidence overcome her red riddled cheeks. 

"i'll pick you up at 7?" he replies, making her smile gently, before nodding her head. "come on, some of us are hanging outside," he holds out his hand to alana, which she takes gracefully, letting him lead her outside to the massive terrace area, before walking over to a group of people she actually did recognise.

"hey! didn't know you said yes to con," brian craigen says enthusiastically, before greeting alana with a hug. "you've been pretty hidden lately, you weren't over when i went over last."

"library," alana answers, chuckling gently. "it's nice to see you though, didn't realise how much of an amazing place you had."

"that's on shawn," brian answers.

"i don't know how he got this rich," nate adds, swooping his arm around alana's waist, making her jump slightly, before her cheeks flush wildly again.