♥07♥ Royal Palace Arc - Outsmart

Start from the beginning

He watched Yuuki stand where Michiyo stood. Yuuki was a little clumsy, but she started to perform the same dance Michiyo did today. She wanted Katsuki to watch her the same way he watched Michiyo. Was she jealous? Who knows? 

Katsuki did watch her. His crimson red eyes focused on her.

Just like how Michiyo's dance made little balls of fire, Yuuki used her Magic to make little balls of blue aura float around each time she made a new step. 

"Heh, are you jealous?" Katsuki asked as he touched a ball of blue aura. The aura was icy cold despite its warm glow. 

Yuuki just hummed as she continued to dance for him. 

'Even though she doesn't think she and Michiyo have anything in common, I still think there is something about them that connects somehow...' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shouto was still caring for Michiyo. He didn't dare to get a servant to serve her after what happened. He dismissed all servants but Eri because he couldn't trust anyone. Who could he trust? Who couldn't he trust? He's scared someone will hurt Michiyo. 

"I didn't know you were suffering...I'm so sorry..." He promised Touya he would protect Michiyo and he felt so useless. He ran away from everything only to come back to see what he had done to those he left behind. "I'm sorry, Michiyo..." 

"Shouto, are you okay?" Yuuki came to visit. She walked over to him and she looked at the princess, "Have you been up all night to keep an eye on her?" 

"I want to be the first one she sees when she wakes." 

"That's sweet of you." 

Shouto looked at Yuuki to see a tower of lumps on her head. "What happened?" 

"I ate Master's breakfast and he hit me." 

"I-I see." 

Eri rushed into the room and she got on the floor to quickly greet Shouto before giving him the news, "Shouto-sama! Prince Yuuga has arrived with the intention of marriage!" 

"Uwah?! Shouto, you're popular with both men and women! Good job!" 

"What? No. Prince Yuuga is probably here to try and ask Michiyo to marry him again. I need to deal with him. Yuuki, stay here and take care of Michiyo for me." 

"Will you be okay on your own?" 

"I will." 

When Shouto left the room, Yuuki looked at Michiyo and she smiled at her, "You're so lucky to have someone like Shouto protect you. Everyone is doing everything they can to protect you." 

The king and queen of Yuuei were already greeting the Prince who came from the West. 

"As I have said already, medicines from the Western land will surely cure Michiyo-hime and her illness. I heard that the Royal Court is very troubled by the fact the young prince married the first prince's wife even though the rules are she had to be buried alongside her dead husband. With so much dissonance in Yuuei, I have thought of the best solution! I, Prince Yuuga, shall marry Michiyo-hime and bring her to the Western land!" 

"Prince Yuuga, are you intending for both our lands shall remain on friendlier terms if we allow the Meiun Princess to marry you?" Enji asked him. 

"The Princess of Meiun Island...who wouldn't want to ask her hand in marriage?" Yuuga said to him, "Meiun Island is a land rich with important resources. Your Majesty just happen to be a step faster than the rest of the world but as things stands, the princess is ill and her whole person is causing your kingdom a lot of dissonance. How do you expect the people of the kingdom feel you are trustworthy when you cannot sort out your own issues?" The very sparkly prince asked Enji, "Meiun Island is still on fire, its residents are blaming Yuuei to this day."