{3} Let's Double Date!

{3} Let’s double date!

          I was still staring at my phone, not because Alex sent me a text, but because he was actually asking me out. On a date. A date with Alex! He was the first person that ever did that in my entire life.

          As I was being flattered about that fact that he asked me out on a date, the sudden vibrate on my hand jolted me, literally dropping my phone to the ground. Realizing it was an unknown person calling, I answered it.

          “Hello?” I greeted, wondering who would that be on the other line. 

          “Oh hey Spencer! You finally answered! I for a moment thought you fell in a toilet bowl or something,” A familiar voice came up on the other line. He’s never teased me like that before. 

          “Alex,” I breathed, my hand was gripping tightly on my phone, afraid that in any minute now my phone will fell to the ground and I wouldn’t hear his voice again—Wait. What the hell was wrong with me again? Quickly, I cleared my throat and began: “So, what’s up?”

          “I thought I should be the one asking,” Alex chuckled nervously. Wait what—nervous? “Anyway, I don’t want to sound pushy or anything, but—have you considered about, you know, the date?”

          Of course he would be calling me about the—our date! How would I forget that? That moment, I just wanted to tell him that going on a date wouldn’t be a problem for me, well because this was my first date and I really wanted it to be perfect. Well, I’m a boring girl, maybe we could just hang out and you know, talk out hearts out like what best friends do. 

          “Yeah, sure,” Realizing I sounded a little blunt, I quickly added: “I mean yes, of course I’d love to.” 

          “Really?” I’m not sure if he was smiling or crying or what because he sounded a little emotional. “Thank you for agreeing. So, I’ll pick you up at say, seven?”

          “Sure, I’ll see you then. Here’s my address,” I told him, and after murmuring goodbye’s to each other, we hung up.

          In that moment, I didn’t know why, but I swore I was the happiest girl alive. 

                                                                      ∞ ♥ ∞

          “Welcome to Starbeans Café! How can I help you with?” I greeted happily as the doorbell rings, telling me a customer’s here. 

          “Erm, I would like a regular cup of Cappuccino, take away, please,” A somewhat business girl in a middle age said as she search for in her bag for her. . purse maybe?