{08} : No Words.

{08} : No Words.

"This young man here needs a place to stay!" 

"Yeah, but not in our house!" Hanna fired back at Jay.

I said nothing, instead, sitting on my stool, I stared at the wall on my opposite side, leading to Luke's room. I didn't know what should I say. 

"Jay is right, Hanna," Mom said beside me. "He doesn't know anyone."

"That's the point, mom! He doesn't know us, we barely know him! What if it's a trick?" Hanna demanded stubbornly, refusing to give up.

"What do you mean it's a 'trick'? The doctor was the one who told us he's lost his memory, how could he, by any chance, fooled the doctor?" Claudia replied beside Jay, who was leaning against the world, eyes closed.

"W-well then, h-he did it well!" My sister stammered now, lost in her words. 

"Hanna." Mom mumbled now. 

"Hanna," Jay said in a serious tone. "We need to take responsibility of him, he crashed into our village, he must be here for a reason—"

"And what exactly is that reason of his?" She snapped again.

"—that is what we need to find out. I'll have Noah track him down, and in the meantime, maybe you and Spencer could do me a favor by helping him to remember." Jay continued like she never cut him off. 

Hanna stayed silent, crossing her arms in front of her chest. Jay tilted his head to look at me, I just shrugged. The first minute I hated Luke, but now, I feel. . . sorry, I mean, what would you do if you woke up without any memories of your past? 

It must be scary.

I sighed, pushing these thoughts away, I need a moment of fresh away. So I stood up and announced that I'll check on Luke. Jay suggested that because I know the Luke-with-memories, it'd be best that I look after him (which was ridiculous). 

I cracked the door open, it squeked a little, ahead of me, on the bed, lied a man I've known before and now, it was like, in a blink of an eye, he wasn't the Luke he was before. Like he was transformed in a matter of seconds. 

Slowly, I walked towards him and sit down on a stool provided. I looked at him, he was breathing peacefully. 

Out there, we were discussing how should we take care of him while here he lies, as peaceful as ever, nothing to worry about as they've got everything under control. 

"Be extremely quiet." A voice said suddenly, I shrieked, who knew, anything could happen in a hospital. I could feel a pair of hands reaching to me, I yel—a hand covered my mouth. 

"Fuck," the same voice muttered. I stared down at the hands that was covering my mouth, to the arm, elbow, and. . .

Luke. 

What the—

Luke! 

I pushed his arms away. What the hell? I panted, no idea that I held my breath just now. Luke's awake. What? 

"Dammit," He winced in pain.

"Oh, my God," was all I said. 

"Gee, thanks." 

This was so not Luke-like, I thought. Knowing him, he'd probably freak the hell out and yelled at me for—wait, he lost his memory. Right, I almost forgot. So that means he's a brand new person now? 

"Is that my name?" He asked.

I looked at him, he was sitting on the bed—when did he woke up without us knowing anyway—his hand pressing against the bandage wrapped around his forehead.