Last time at camp

There were 48 hours left until the 7th of August struck, which gave only 48 hours for the hero of Olympus to create a plan that would destroy the Titan King. The demigods from Camp Half-Blood were preparing to leave their precious camp and make their way onto Manhattan, where the final moments of many would occur. For a while, Camp Half-Blood was not the cherry summer camp full of normal demigods. It was now a training ground for the soldiers of Olympus, who needed to fight for their survival against the titans.

Cabins that were usually very happy and care-free had lost their demeanor. Everyone was on edge, and understandably so. While the normal campers ran around and gathered their weapons, the cabin leaders all met on the Big House. They were all nervous, as they had experienced first-hand how destructive the war was going to be.

But not all the cabin leaders were present on the war room of the Big House of the demigod camp. Annabeth Chase and Alexander Pond, daughter of Athena and son of Poseidon respectively, were together in the attic of the Big House. Close to a window, on a three legged stool, sat the Oracle of camp, a mummy with hippie clothes.

"She gives me the creeps" Alex told Annabeth as he looked the Oracle mummy up and down

"You've been here before"

"Doesn't make it any less creepy"

Annabeth rolled her eyes, "Let's just do our job and get out of here"

Alex looked at the mummy with confusion and nervousness, "So what now?"

Annabeth approached the mummy and held out her hands, "O Oracle, the time is at hand. I ask for the Great Prophecy"

The son of Poseidon looked at Annabeth with a raised eyebrow, "well, that was all for nothing"

Annabeth paid no mind to the comment, approaching the mummy and unclasping one of its necklaces. She then turned to the demigod son of Poseidon, holding a Native American medicine leather pouch. The daughter of Athena then opened the bag and took out a roll of parchment no bigger than her pinky finger.

"Uh no, impossible. I did not spend almost four years wondering about the stupid blasted prophecy, AND IT WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME" Alexander shook his head in disbelief

"The time wasn't right," Annabeth said. "Believe me, Alex, I read this when I was ten years old, and I still get nightmares because of it"

"Ok, can I read it?"

"Downstairs at the war council," Annabeth said. "Not in front of...you know"

The pair headed back downstairs and joined the other cabin leaders. The cabin councilors all had gathered around the a Ping-Pong table. Instead of sitting down calmly, however, a big discussion was taking place. The Ares cabin counselor, Clarisse LaRue, was yelling at the newly appointed Apollo Cabin counselor, Michael Yew. The other cabin counselors did not pay mind to their discussion, actually grinning over it. All except Silena Beauregard, who had just lost her boyfriend Charles Beckendorf on an explosion.

"SHUT UP" the son of Poseidon yelled

"Not until Michael stops being a selfish jerk" Clarisse growled

"Look who's talking!"Michael Yew said

"The only reason I'm here is to support Silena!" Clarisse shouted, "Otherwise I'd be back in my cabin"

"What are you talking about?" Alex demanded

Pollux, son of Dionysus, cleared his throat, "Clarisse has refused to speak to any of us, until her, um, issue is resolved. She hasn't spoken for three days"

"Best three days of my life" Travis Stoll said wistfully

"Ok, can you guys settle that matter later?" Alex asked. "I kinda have a life-changing prophecy to read"