Child of the woods

Chiron had been the activities director of Camp Half-Blood ever since it opened. The old centaur had seen many students, with some of the most famous Greek Heroes being of his teaching. He had seen the child of all gods and was a master at deciphering the parent of each child. It didn't matter how old the child was, there were few key characteristics that every godly parent passed on to their child.

For example, each child of Ares was a mini psychopath, and each child of Aphrodite was very beautiful. The troublemakers were always the Hermes children and the Apollo kids hung out with everyone. After millennia of training young demigods, Chiron had become an expert at identifying godly parents.

However, the streak Chiron was so proud to hold was broken one day, when a mysterious baby appeared in the middle of camp.

The day started out as any average summer day. The campers all gathered to eat in the dining hall, he inspected every activity was fit for the heroes, so on and so forth. At around three in the afternoon, however, a young daughter of Aphrodite came running towards the old centaur.

"Chiron!" The girl yelled her mentors name

"Heather? What is the problem my dear?" Chiron asked the young girl with concern

"I was out with Scott, close to camp borders, and we found something. It was in a small bundle and we freaked out. You gotta come see!"

The centaur looked at the girl with great curiosity, but nodded and signaled her to show him the way. The you girl walked quickly through the woods, faster than he had seen any Aphrodite girl ever pass through the woods, until she came at a full stop.

"Scott! Where are you?" She yelled

The leaves from the left side of where the centaur and demigoddess were standing began to ruffle around. A young boy with curly brown hair and blue eyes came out from the bushes, looking around frantically.

"Heather, Chiron, take a look at this." Scott told them, returning once again to behind the bushes. A couple of seconds later, he came out from the bushes, but this time, the demigod son of Hermes was holding a bundle with his two arms.

Before Chiron could ask what the small bundle contained, a childlike cry was heard from it. Scott unwrapped the bundle, revealing a small baby.

"Well, it's safe to assume that it has godly blood flowing in his veins" Scott said after the surprise

"How do you know if it's a him?" Heather asked.

Scott looked down at the baby and nodded his head, "it's a boy, no doubt about that"

Chiron looked at the small baby with great curiosity. It had been long years since a baby was left in camp borders, and even longer since it radiates the amount of energy this baby had. And to make matters worse, the wise mentor had no clue what godly parent the baby had.

The baby had light brownish reddish hair and light green eyes, almost as if they were in constant motion. Everything else about the baby was the same as all other babies in the world, but usually the color of the eyes and scent of the child would give Chiron an idea of who the parent is. However, the child in Scott's arms was an enigma; it was a mystery that couldn't be solved for many years.

"What do we do with him?" Heather asked Chiron

"Let's go take him to the big house" Chiron decided

The three figures made way towards the big house, ignoring the questioning looks of the campers. Once they entered, they quickly laid the baby down on a soft surface on the floor so that it would not fall.