Domain discovery

Percy woke up with a killing back pain. It seemed that sleeping on the couch had negative side effects on the body, even if he was an immortal. Between contemplating his pain, his will to live, and his future, it took Percy close to a minute to fully wake up.

After going to the bathroom and doing his business, Percy went to the kitchen to make his breakfast. Much to his surprise, Artemis was already there, wearing an apron and making some type of breakfast.

"About time you woke up! It's already 7 am, and we have much to do today" Artemis said as the cooking pan did a 'tsss' sound.

"7 am?! That's the earliest I've ever woken up at" Percy said with a slight chuckle, ignoring the glare Artemis sent his way.

"Well then you better be prepared to wake up even earlier as long as I'm here"

"I thought you were only staying for today"

Artemis blushed a little before recomposing herself. "I'm staying here until you know about all your domains. So it could be only today, or it could be five months. It all depends on you"

"Great, no pressure then," Percy said as he walked towards where Artemis was making breakfast. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes. Do you like those or do you prefer something else?" Artemis asked, looking straight into the eyes of her friend.

"I love pancakes. Thank you" Percy hugged Artemis from behind, making her stiffen at his touch. Never in her millennia of being alive had someone hugged her from behind, much less a male. The closest that someone had come to that has been Apollo with his brotherly hugs, or maybe Orion when he was alive.

This hug, however, felt much different than it's predecessor. His touch made Artemis redden for unknown reasons and her breath seemed to become shorter. She tried to make the weird feeling go away, but no matter how much she tried, the feeling of the hug haunted her present. She wanted it to be over, but at the same time, she didn't want it to end. The dilemma of her feelings was just starting, but even at its beginning, it was still much stronger than desired.

After Percy let her go, Artemis finished making the pancakes, topped with some strawberries. She put both plates opposite to each other, with a glass of nectar by either side. As she sat down, Artemis noticed that Percy was looking weirdly at the plates.

"What's wrong?" She asked, worried that her cooking as not as good as she thought it was.

"Nothing. It's just, don't you want syrup and whipped cream with that?"

Artemis looked at him as if he had been speaking martian or some unknown language. "Syrup? Whipped cream?"

"Yeah, they're in the fridge. I'll get them" Percy stood up and picked up the two items he had mentioned. "You have to try them! They're really sweet and awesome!"

The goddess of the hunt looked weirdly at both containers but decided to trust Percy's judgment. As she bit a pancake containing the two sweet components, her eyes grew the size of dinner plates.

"Gods this is so good! How come you have this stuff but only have nectar to drink?"

"Bruh I don't know. My life has been a mystery. If you want, tomorrow I can make you my chocolate chip pancakes"

"Chocolate?"

"You don't know what chocolate is?" Artemis shook her head "oh I have so much to teach you. Now let's hurry up and get started with my domains"

In less than five minutes, both plates were left squeaky clean, as if two hungry piranhas had surfaced the earth. The friends decided to make the outdoor part of the domains outside, and once 11:00 am hit them they would move inside in order to prevent any discomfort the sun might give. They might've been gods, but that didn't mean that sunburn was not a thing.