make it right // 8

Start from the beginning

The camera cut to the uproar coming from the crowd, this wasn't a cheer of support. Her heart was breaking for him and she almost forgot where she was until Ian appeared in front of her to explain the plan of action.

Sebastian made his way into the garage still donning his helmet, it didn't take an expert to know this was never a good sign. He sulked his way through the crowd and shut himself away in his drivers room. As they began looking at the alternator to find the reason for the loss of power, Heikki and Britta stepped out the room.

"I do not envy them two right now," Will said as he gestured towards the pair both displaying rather stressed and anxious appearance.

"But did you see that glove move?" Scotty announced snickering to himself, Darcey, however, didn't see the funny side as her eyes were fixated on the door waiting for it to pry open, revealing the happy, smiling german she had come to know.

"It's got to be like having to deal with a toddler who's lost his favourite toy right now right" Brad blurted out, earning a laugh from the rest of the team. Darcey had to admit that was quite a mood he displayed out there. She found herself laughing at just the wrong moment, when Sebastian emerged from the room, making direct eye contact with Darcey before making a swift exit out the back towards the paddock.

Darcey's stomach dropped to the floor and without a seconds thought she ran after him. Hoping to catch up with him before he was sucked away into the media circus. She ran down the long corridor

"Seb, wait!" Darcey didn't think before she spoke, she didn't even know what she was trying to say. She regretted her decision to follow him.

Sebastian froze in place, giving Darcey the chance to catch up with him.

"I wanted to..." She began to explain

"What, you got another joke for me?" Sebastian uttered before turning around, his eyes were red like he'd been crying, but his face was sharp and cold.

Taken a bit back by this Darcey stepped back."I get that you're upset..."

"You don't get it! I'm the driver. I'm the one they are all booing" Sebastian taunts pointing towards himself before taking a deep breath and pulling at his hair.

Darcey froze in not knowing what she could say to make this right. Not seeing this side of Seb before.

"Seb there you are, we've got to go" Britta appearing at the right time again, leading Sebastian away from the situation. Darcey stood there as her eyes began to water.

After a couple more hours in the garage and paddock, the team were all packed away. As Darcey listened to Sebastian's interviews on the monitor, it brought her some comfort that he seemed to be in better spirits now. Cursing herself again for thinking she had any right to talk to him back then.

Wanting to distract themselves from the awful results of the weekend the group headed out for the evening. It was times like this that they were thankful to have each other, because even after a bad weekend they could still find a reason to laugh and smile. Darcey wasn't as good at hiding her emotions thought and it didn't take long for Kendall to pick up on this.

"Whatever it is, stop it'll all be forgotten about by next weekend" Kendall had grown close to Darcey in the last weeks and had learnt that she tended to dwell on things quite easily.

"Yeah, I'm not too sure that about that" Darcey sighed remembering Sebastian's expression

"Why ya being so boring?" Brad interrupted but his playfulness quickly disappeared as he realised the seriousness of the conversation.