26

Zunie laid in bed as she turned to see Taeyong had already left.

A smile crept on her face as she rubbed the spot he once laid.

"Zunie" her mother knocked on her bedroom door. "I'm back"

Zunie knitted her brows as she got up to open the door.

"I thought you got back lastnight"

The mother smiled. "Things didn't go as planned and we won't be going to America any longer."

Zunie felt her chest warm up. "Really!" She shouted excitedly. "I'm so happy"

Her mother chuckled. "Get dress, I'm taking you out for lunch"

Zunie nodded as she closed her door to get dressed.

When her mother said lunch ur definetly meant a fancy restaurant with fancy clothing.

Zunie took out a silk white dress as she did a wash and go on her hair and glowed dried it.

Her make up was simple but highlighted her best features.

After about a hour Zunie was dressed and both her and her mother got into the back of the car as their driver took them to the restaurant.

"You look pretty, never disappoint" her mother pinched her cheek.

Zunie grinned as she thanked her mom.

When they arrived, hee mother had already reserved a table of four for them and Zunie was slightly confused.

"Seems like you want us to eat with less cramp" she teased.

Her mother chuckled. "We have company"

As they sat down it didn't take long for a elder man and younger male to sit across from them.

"Hello ladies hope we didn't keep you waiting" the elder man spoke as he shook their hands.

The man looked a Zunie with a wide smile. "This must be the Zunie you've told me lots about"

Zunie looked at the man and then her mother.

Her mother smiled as she held Zunies hands. "Yes she is, isn't she pretty?"

"Better than you've described"

Zunie picked up that he had an accent.

"I'm Miguel and this is my son Joan"

"Joan" Zunie whispered as she finally looked over to the younger male.

"We're just here for the spring " Miguel laughed.

Joan gave Zunie a light smile with a wink before raising his hands for the waiter.

"So what's this about?" Zunie finally asked. It seems like she was the only one out of the light.

Her mother chuckled. "I may have forgot to mention this to you but Joan is a candidate "

"A candidate for what?" Zunie was tense.

Joan smiled. "To be your husband gorgeous "

■□■□■□■□■

Zunie was angry with her mother. She took off her heels and stormed into the house.

"Mother what the hell are you talking about? I'm only seventeen "

Her mother sighed. "We can't do anything about it, you'll just have to grow and like him"

Zunie scoffed. "Like you and dad?" She asked. "I know it's a custom to let your first daughter get married through contract but it's ending now"

Her mother chuckled. "Zunie sweetie I love you but that Taeyong guy has nothing to offer you"

"Yes he does, I love him"

"Love is a string word" her mother walked closer to her."Joan is a fine young man and is next in line for his father's company, you'll be well off"

Zunie rolled her eyes. "I don't care about how much money he has because I also have money"

"Your father's money" her mother held her chin. "Remember that all of this luxury is your parents doing and your father isn't looking so good on the financial side" she smiled. "Soon we probably won't be able to afford this house "

Zunie listened. "Is that why we had to go back to America?" She asked. "Were we never coming back?"

Her mother smiled even wider. "That's all settled now with Joan"

Zunie looked away from her mother. "I can't, I already have a boyfriend"

Zunie mother was irritated as she slapped her. "Get that school boy out your head all he's going to offer is a baby and no money "

Zunie held her cheek as she watched her mother walk past her to the kitchen.

"Joan is here until the end of spring so get your act together before I do it for you"

■□■□■□■

Zunie sat on her bed as Taeyong kissed on her neck.

"Are you Okay?" He finally asked.

She shook her head. "Yeah, why did you stop ?" She asked.

He sighed."because you're thinking of something else"

Zunie turned her head to face him. "I am" she grinned.

"I can tell from your eyes " he sulked."did you and your mom get into a fight because I know how that is"

Zunie smiled. "Its nothing" she leaned to kiss him. "Just that I may be going to America this summer and never coming back"

Taeyong knitted his brows. "What do you mean never?"

"Something with my dad." Her smile was now faint. "But if you get into Oxford or Harvard we could rent an apartment together, by then I'll be 18"

Taeyong listened. "Is that all you have on your mind?"

She nodded.

Zunie had already made up her mind to not marry Joan and move back to America with her dad if that's what it takes.

Taeyong looked at her with soft eyes. "I love you " he said. "I'm sorry, that was stupid" he turned his red face the other way.

Zunie laughed hysterically before holding his cheeks to his face back to her.

"I love you too" she kissed him.

But you know Mothers know best so you must listen to your MOTHER.

》》》》》》》》》》

Zunie and Taeyong are about to experience the trail of love and want for money.

Ahaha.

Vote and comment.