#30 - Seven Minutes in Heaven

Start from the beginning

Get it together, she chided inwardly, trying not to blush.

This continued for another ten minutes; a private hell just for her. Percy was her boyfriend and one of her best friends. She should be able to talk to him about this.

Before she could lose her courage, Annabeth grabbed the remote and switched the TV off.

Percy jolted in surprise. "Wha—"

Annabeth leaned over and kissed him. They'd gotten better at it over the week. Neither would stiffen in shock anymore, and Percy responded almost immediately this time.

Their lips moved in sync, until Percy drew apart, gasping for breath. "Woah, woah, what brought this on?" he asked in surprise.

Annabeth felt the blood rush to her cheeks. She'd just jumped Percy on her couch. Oh, God.

"I just—We haven't—" Annabeth tried, but all that came out were unintelligible phrases. She groaned frustratedly, shoving her hair behind her back as she slumped against the arm of the couch.

Percy turned to face her, searching her gaze. "Oh!" he suddenly said with realisation. His cheeks reddened, understandably, and he scratched the back of his neck in a way that made Annabeth think, adorable.

"I mean," Percy hesitated. "It's only been two weeks. And well, are you sure?"

Annabeth swallowed. That was the thing. She wasn't sure. "I don't know," she admitted. "I've never..." She trailed off awkwardly. "And you're, well, you."

"Annabeth," Percy interrupted. "We don't have to have sex right now."

"Oh, thank God," Annabeth said in relief.

"Did you really think that was important to me?" Percy said incredulously.

"I don't know," Annabeth said helplessly. "I've never done anything like that before. And it's you, so this is pretty much uncharted territory."

"Well," Percy chuckled. "We aren't gonna do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Seriously, take your time."

Annabeth tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. There was something nagging in her mind.

She took a deep breath. "I don't think I'm ready for any of the serious stuff yet," Annabeth reasoned. "But, um, I definitely...want to..."

Percy stared at her blankly.

She blushed furiously. "Well, I-I look at you and I just want to kiss you. For hours. Like, I could literally do it all day."

Percy's mouth fell open as his eyebrows shot skyward.

"That sounded so bad," Annabeth said embarrassedly, burying her face in her hands. "Sorry," she said, her voice muffled.

When she lifted her head warily, Percy was just grinning madly at her. He really did look like an idiot in love.

"We can take it slow," Percy suggested.

Annabeth looked up at him. "Are you sure?"

"Annabeth," Percy told her firmly. "If you asked me to jump in front of a moving truck, I would probably do it. So, yes, I'm sure."

Annabeth felt her feelings for him grow just a tiny bit more. Everyday, she told herself it was impossible to like him even more, and she proved herself wrong every time.