Minho offered Frankie a hand as she stood up, and they walked hand in hand into another windowless chamber.

The room was smaller than the previous one, but it was still big enough for a dozen people to walk around. There wasn't a single furniture, except for the wooden table placed exactly in the middle.

Minho cut through the crowd and got first-row seats in the audience.

As she passed by Gally, they exchanged a glance and a small smile of acknowledgement.

"Wanna explain now? Change of plans?"

"Thomas," Gally began, "Again, it's all because of you."

Thomas frowned, "What did I do?"

"You're here, that's what. We got a decoded message through the Netblock a few days ago, after our meeting in Denver. Look."

Gally tapped a device on the table. From Frankie's point of view, the thing could easily pass as a rusty plate. But it glowed under Gally's touch, blinked twice, before projecting a 3D form of a woman.

Her face looked aged and worn, but she was clad in a professional white blouse and a WICKED's lab coat. Her blonde hair was tied up sophisticatedly into a neat bun and her lips were colored by a striking strawberry pink lipstick.

When she spoke, her voice was soft but powerful. The plate's quality made it crackle by static every few seconds.

 The plate's quality made it crackle by static every few seconds

"My name is Ava Paige —I am Chancellor of WICKED. I hope this message will reach those who call themselves the Right Arm, and I hope you are able to convey this message to our escaped test subjects. Most importantly, Thomas."

She paused, pressing her lips together.

Then she continued, "Thomas, it's my belief that the Trials are over. We have more than enough data to create a blueprint. It's now our task to work with the data we already have and build a cure to the Flare. Your participation, and that of the other subjects, is no longer necessary.

"My associates disagree with me on this matter and they are doing their best to get their hands on another set of test. However, when I became chancellor I realized the importance of creating a back door of sorts to this building.

"I placed this back door in an unused maintenance room. I'm asking you to remove yourself, your friends, and as much number of Immunes as you can gather with the help of the Right Arm.

"There are two paths marked on the map I've enclosed. The first shows you how to enter our building then towards the back door. It's a Flat Trans that will transport you to what I hope will be a new life.

"The second route will show you how to get to all the Immunes sold to us. Take them all and leave.

"Do what you think is best. I believe in you, Thomas. the Flat Trans can't last longer than a week from now —so time is of the essence, as I'm sure you are aware."

The feed blinked and died out, dragging everyone back into reality.

"The defector... It's Chancellor Paige," Brenda breathed out, stunned.

"The plan change is abrupt and extreme, but this is better than just destroying their skyscrapers, right?" Gally said, "The Right Arm leaders agreed to go. They're havin' a field day right now, trying to knock some sense to non-Immune members."

"It's not another bloody trap, are you sure?" Newt asked, crossing his arms, "We're being willingly led back into WICKED's building."

"No," Brenda said, "No. We can trust her. She's good."

"And we should take your words for it because..."

"She saved my life once. If you trust me, you can trust her, too."

The room relapsed into thoughtful silence.

After a few more seconds, Frankie spoke, "I trust her."

"Me, too," Thomas announced in a heartbeat.

"Our intels at WICKED checked it out —it's legit," Gally said, "All Glade-like's wooden buildings, trees, beach, sea, and stuffs. There are changes of clothes, machines, food, manuals. We can actually leave."

"Yeah," Minho said, stepping forward, "Give me the maps."

Gally handed two pieces of printed paper to him and Minho laid them on the table. Everyone pushed in closer, trying to take a look themselves, but Thomas and Frankie were fast enough to secure the spots on Minho's sides as he studied it closely.

"Holy shuck—"

"I guess I didn't read it wrong," Gally uttered, "The kidnapped Immunes, they're keepin' them—"

"—in the Maze," Minho finished.

"We're getting them, right?" Harriet asked, "I mean, we have to. Our friends are there."

"Of course we're getting them. We're not leaving anyone behind," Minho declared.