Chapter Sixteen | A Rebellion has Begun

Frustration wasn't a good enough word to describe how Finnick felt towards her that night. She should have known that he would react that way, even Ciruss was frustrated with her. She had let her own frustrations and hatred towards the Capitol get the in the way of her attempts to get Sponsors. If spearing a target labeled President Snow could get her such a low score, what would speaking out against him on live TV do?

Had it even been live? Or had it been cut off as soon as she showed signs of taking her interview in her own direction? She had ruined every chance she had for anything. Now, the only thing she could hope for was the few Capitol people who agreed or found the Fiesty Pearl of District Four enduring.

"Any last piece of advice?" Quinn asked looking at Finnick for a moment before looking back at the peacekeepers who were waiting for her.

He sighed, "Well you haven't taken any of my advice so far..." he stated, "But now...now you've made yourself something that will be difficult for me to sell to the Capitol-- but I'll easily be able to sell you to the Districts."

"That won't help me." Quinn replied, "Will it?"

"If well-to-dos like you enough, they could send you a bit of something." he stated honestly.

"Why would you be able to sell me to the Districts?" she asked quietly, "I know I'm not a Capitol favorite, but..."

Finnick sighed and took a step closer to her, placing his hands on her shoulders as if he was giving her a piece of advice. "Last night after the interviews, Districts Seven and Four had bit riots all over."

Quinn pressed her eyebrows together tightly, "Why?"

"They agreed with you in Seven." he said quietly, "Last year a brother and sister had to go up against each other. This year their youngest sister is in the games." he explained, "You should hear the talk with the mentors-- you said what hundreds, if not thousands of people were thinking."

Quinn's mind was reeling. She had started riots? Because of something she spouted off in anger?

"Watch your back in the arena," Finnick stated, "Chances are, a handful of tributes agreed with you. So your biggest threat in there...it'll be the Gamemakers."

"Finnick, I didn't mean to start anything-- the riots, I didn't mean to start those," she explained, "I got angry."

Finnick sighed, "Quinn, you aren't just a tribute to the Districts-- you started something that the Capitol has been trying to avoid."

Quinn felt her stomach drop and flip all at once. Nobody had ever cared about what she had to say before, besides the other orphans...now all of a sudden a entire district cared? Besides that, if it was her fault, then Snow would be even more angry with her.

"District Four," a low voice came from one of the peacekeepers, and Quinn quickly turned to look over her shoulder. A ways away from her and Finnick was Arkon and Mags. "We have to get a move on."

"Of course," Finnick replied and then turned Quinn back towards him with his hands still on her shoulders. "Watch your back in the arena, I'll watch your back from out here. Okay?"

Quinn nodded.

"Trust me, the districts want you to win..." he added

Quinn nodded again, the way his tone changed from informative to almost being desperate to keep talking, to avoid the goodbyes-- she could feel tears burning and threatening to escape.

"You'll make sure Jenson and Rosa are alright, won't you?" she asked, "And you'll tell Annie thanks for me?"

Finnicks face dropped even more, "You'll be able to," he stated confidently.