Chapter Sixty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Look, I'm not proud of it! It just happened!" The blond exclaimed, holding his hands up in defense as he looked at the raven-haired boy, "I was, like, five at the time! Why would anyone trust a five-year-old with a fucking gerbil?"

"What happened?" Jin asked.

"I've never owned a pet, but everyone else in my family had a pet. Whether if it's a dog, cat, or a fish-someone in my family always had a pet," He began, his voice calmer now as he recalled the story, "It was a white gerbil, and he looked dirty. So, I decided to give him a bath."

"Oh no," Namjoon sighed, already knowing where this story was going. Jimin shot him a glare before rolling his eyes, hearing laughs and giggles being tossed around as he tried telling his story. "Just . . . oh no."

"I had him in my hands with the sink water running. Just as I'm about to do it, the asshole bites me and I ended up-out of a reaction-throwing him." Jimin covered his face once again as he remembered everything so vividly that night.

Laughter erupted from everyone's lips, and he felt a little embarrassed he was even telling this story and that it had happened to him. He felt Yoongi gently rub his back as he sulked and cringed at the memory before sighing.

"I can't believe you did that," Taehyung managed to say through his laughter, but Jimin flashed him a tightlipped smile.

"Oh, I'm not done. It gets worse," He said, and everyone instantly shut their mouths to listen to the rest of the story, "I ended up throwing him directly into the toilet. And, just then, my mom walks in for whatever reason, and I didn't want her to know what happened, and I didn't want her to think I was a bad pet sitter. So, I closed the lid . . . and flushed the toilet."

Jimin pressed his lips together as his eyes closed, listening to everyone laugh and Hoseok clap his hands. "Keep in mind I was five at the time!" The blond exclaimed, but it wasn't heard over the laughter echoing throughout the woods.

He rolled his eyes for what seemed like the umpteenth time that night, covering himself with the blanket until he could no longer be seen. He was ready for their night to be over and for everyone to forget about this, but he knew he wouldn't be able to live it down for a while.

"Remind me to never trust you with my kid, ever," Taehyung said, his laughter calming down as he tried catching his breath now. Jungkook looked down at him with a fond smile before placing a chaste kiss to his temple.

"You know what? It's time for bed," Jimin announced, clapping his hands when he let go of the blanket as it pooled around his waist.

"Thank God, someone finally said it." Yoongi stood up, pulling Jimin with him before gathering the blankets and making their way to their shared tent, bidding everyone a goodnight before disappearing inside their closed tent walls.

Everyone eventually decided to call it a night, putting out the fire just in case if something were to happen. The group of friends split and made their way into their designated tents, while Taehyung and Jungkook made their way into the small camper hand in hand.

The couple shared giggles as Jungkook opened the door, just as Yoongi stuck his head out of his shared tent with Jimin, shouting, "No sex in my uncle's camper!"

Taehyung felt himself blush, covering his face with his hands as Jungkook chuckled and gave the white-haired boy a thumbs up. He opened the door, allowing his boyfriend to enter first, still holding that same bunny smile on his lips.

The inside of the camper was small but cozy. At the end was a bed, probably queen-sized, as there was a stove and a dishwasher. Overall, the inside was beautiful and really cozy, something Taehyung wouldn't mind staying in.