2

chapter 2

Caroline sat and dialed his number, he picked up after one ring, unlike Tyler who usually refrained from calls and only ever texted.

"Why hello love."

Caroline shakily sighed in relief. Hearing his voice always brought a sort of comfort to her. Like she knew he would never hurt her.

"Klaus I-I-I" Caroline stuttered, not really knowing what to say.

"Love, take a deep breath. In the count of three breathe in and follow my breathing. 1, 2, 3 now let it go. Okay now, let's repeat."

Caroline followed this cycle, inhaling, then exhaling.

"Now can you please tell me what's wrong?"

Caroline could hear the hesitation. She knew he was trying not to pry.

"Tyler and I broke up." She whispered, before hearing a cheer on the other end.

"I'll be there in 5!"

He chuckled lightly, clearly attempting to try and lighten the mood.

"Oh my god shut up!" Caroline yelled, laughing loudly as the tears started to halt.

"You know you don't want me to." He teased with a humorous tone.

"God your right but it's not very Miss Mystic Falls of me to be conspiring with the enemy." She giggled while playing with a strand of her hair.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for not addressing you properly love. Thank you so much for allowing me to give you company with my voice Miss Mystic Falls."

The two of them broke out into fits of laughter.

-

Klaus and Caroline had been on call for an hour before finally, she was able to build her will power and hang up on the adorable British man.

Though she really hadn't wanted to.