Cнα⅊тɛʀ 7 (edited)

Start from the beginning

“Ma'am, could you come this way, please?” He politely asked waiting to the side for me to start walking. I looked over to Elijah, but he was still preoccupied in his conversation with the first man. I looked back to Zion before smiling and following him to a fitting room at the back, awestricken that inside the room was a full-length mirror, plush sofas with a coffee table decorated with champagne flutes and an expensive bottle of the alcohol itself. A space for hanging dresses became stuffed with various versions as Zion left me and then returned with handfuls of dresses, shoving them onto the hangars. They were gorgeous but I had to stop Zion before he got the wrong idea.

“I'm sorry but I can't try these on, I don't actually have the money to buy any of them”, I disappointedly admitted. I was miffed as to what was going on and it didn't help that no one was explaining anything to me.

“You won't be paying, Ma'am. Mr Elijah has already covered the expenses for you, so don't worry”, he respectfully replied with a small smile before he closed the drape of the fitting room and walked away.

Why would Elijah buy me an expensive dress? I reckon he's planning something, but I can't accept anything he plans on buying me. Hell, I don't even know where I am!’ I pulled at my hair in frustration, raking myself over in the mirror as I noticed my clothes crumpled and dishevelled.

My last attempt at figuring out how to escape led me to check my phone, the bright light making me crinkle my eyes before I raked it in disgust noticing the low battery notification flashing. Most people would adore being in such an expensive shop surrounded by fancy dresses and bubbly champagne, but I just wanted to do my job and stay within the office. It seemed Elijah cursed me, and I wasn't going to be able to call anyone for help to rush me away like a damsel in distress. ‘The worst luck surrounded me’, I sneered at my reflection.

Submitting to my capture, I decided to shuffle through the dresses, my eyes focusing on a deep purple one that shimmied under the bright lights. Trying it on, I struggled to lace up the corset at the back before giving up and just studying the dress in the mirror. Ruffled shoulder straps gracefully fell around my biceps as multi-coloured gems reflected intensely on the material. The halter cut accentuated my assets and as it squeezed my waist, more multi-coloured gems were found. From there on the material flowed outwards, sweeping the floor in more ruffles as I twirled in a circle.
I don't like it, there's something about it that doesn't suit my body’, I disfavoured before remembering that Zion had told me to step outside once, I was done putting any of the dresses on. Still wearing my black high heels, I teetered past the drapes and stepped onto a small podium in the centre of the back area.

Elijah was waiting for me as he sat in one of the sofa's typing on his phone whilst his other hand clung onto a half-filled champagne flute. He looked up, scrutinizing the dress with a rigorous examination from top to bottom and back up again before looking me in the eyes. I felt uncomfortable as he stared at me, it was discerning to see his eyes lighting up with an unknown emotion before he placed his shield back up.

“No, I don't like it, try another one on”, Elijah decided as he went back to typing on his phone. I secretly sighed in relief that he agreed with me on this, but it irked me how his attitude seemed so arrogant.

I treaded back to the fitting room, stripping myself from that annoying dress before huffing in satisfaction. The champagne kept bubbling in my presence and a sudden thought crossed my mind ‘Now I know why they placed the champagne bottle in the room, this was hard work changing in and out of dresses. Capping the champagne bottle, I poured myself a moderate amount of the alcohol before taking a delicate sip.

I looked back to the dresses before flickering through and picking a satin pink midi dress that was off shoulder. It was simple, plain, and included a flair at the bottom of the design that flattered my legs but restricted much movement. It wasn't flashy but that was why I had picked it; it was completely opposite to the first dress. Again, I repeated the process of getting onto the stadium only to be judged by the almighty Elijah before he looked at me and sentenced the dress.