Hold My Earrings

Chapter 10

EMT's were rushed in to check Lydia and me. I waved them off and while they were checking Lydia I took off with Scott and Stiles to Derek's loft. We had to tell him the truth and we had to find Sheriff Stilinski. We tried to explain to him what happened, but we didn't get much time to talk since, Miss. Blake was coming up. So we hid behind the door.

“Derek? Derek, where are you?” She asks as the storm rages on outside. “Right here.” Derek replies. He walks over to her and they embrace. I fight the urge to gag.

“Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them.” She says rapidly. “From who?” Derek asks. “Scott, Stiles, Macy. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me.” I roll my eyes at her desperate attempt. I think he'll believe the girl with bruising around her neck.

“What is it?” Derek questions. “Promise you'll listen to me.” “I promise.” She kisses him, but he doesn't kiss her back. Realizing this, Miss Blake pulls back. “They're already here, aren't they?” Derek doesn't respond.

We walk out. I stand on the left side of Stiles while Scott is on his right with a jar in his hand. I stare down my bitch English teacher. “So, they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?” She asks her voice filled with disbelief. “We told him you're the one killing people.” I snap.

“Oh, that's right. Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense.” She laughs her voice rich with sarcasm. It makes me want to slap her. “Where's my dad?” Stiles questions.

“How should I know?” She asks. I narrow my eyes at her. She looks back at Derek who is standing there is voice clean of emotion. “Derek, tell me you don't believe this.” She pleads. He looks over at Stiles, tears falling down his face. “Do you know what happened to Stiles father?” He asks. “No.” She replies her voice even more desperate.

“Ask her why she almost killed Macy.” Scott states his voice cold. “Her?” Miss Blake asks gesturing to me. “I never put a hand on her she probably did it to herself. She has that disorder. Who are you gonna believe the story of a girl with a history of self abuse, or me?” She says trying to make her case with Derek. Tears threaten to fall down my face, she's using my problems against, me. I look over at Derek my eyes locking with his, searching for any signs to see who he believes.

“Derek, you know that's not true. I told you the story. I told you the truth. I didn't do this to myself.” I say my voice thick with emotion. He has to believe me.

“Ask her about Lydia.” I snap my voice becoming harsh. “Lydia Martin? I don't know anything about that.” She defends. “What do you know?” Derek snaps his own voice threatening. Not enjoying being played.

“I know that these kids, for whatever misguided reason,are filling your head with an absurd story. And one they can't prove by the way.” She spats at us. I lock eyes with Derek my own pleading with him. He looks at the bruise around my neck from the rope. “What if we can?” Scott asks holding up the jar from Deaton.

“What is that?” Miss Blake asks. “My boss told me it's a poison and a cure, which means you can use it and it can be used against you.” Scott states stepping forward. “Mistletoe?” Miss Blake questions her voice hard. Scott throws the powder toward her and it forms a large cloud around her. She gasps and tries to hide her face but the mutilated one comes through. She let's out a yell, then is breathing heavily. And her face goes back to normal.