Trust

Listen to : Just a kiss by Lady Anatabellum

Just got back in town, can you come to the loft?

-D. Hale

I smiled he was back. I grabbed my keys and sprinted down the stairs. “Hey, Mace where you going?” Steph calls after me. I stop and I turn back to her. “I'm going to a friends.” I reply.

“Oh, I need to drive you. Your car needs the oil changed and I don't have any oil, I'm gonna pick some up tomorrow so I can drive you.”

I nod. “Okay.”

I sprint back up to my room and grab my wallet, I then check myself in the mirror and after I deem myself Lydia Martin approved I walk down the stairs. “Would you mind if maybe we stopped somewhere quick?” I question as we walk out to the car.

“Oh yeah where?” “The food trucks on 12th.” She nods.

+

I nervously tap my foot on the floor of the car as the hot food sits in my lap and I watch the scenery go rapidly by.

When we pull into the parking lot I call a thanks to Steph who tells me to call or get a ride home. I nod and look up at the building and I march in.

I knock on the door and when it slides open, a large grin goes across my face. Derek smiles his small smile when he sees me. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my torso. “I can't believe your back.” I mutter. I was starting to think he never would come back.

“I told you I would.” He replies and when he lets go of me. I hold up the bag of food. “I figured you didn't eat yet so I brought some food, also because I'm starving.” He gives me a small smile. “Actually me too.”

We pull out the food and sit across from each other he sits on the couch while I sit cross legged on his coffee table, he gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged it off and began to eat my Mexican.

“So how have things been with you?” He asks breaking up the comfortable silence. I take a sip of my drink before I answer.

“Good, no has tried to kill me in a couple of days and I'm getting adopted. So I figured those kind of occurrences in Beacon Hills are a large luxuries.”

He nods. “You're probably right. And congratulations.” “What about you?” I ask.

I also want to yell at him for being out of contact for so long, but I have to keep saying to myself, it's just a kiss it didn't mean anything to him, it's not like he would want anything to do with me anyway, I'm some weak little girl he rescued from her abusive foster father, why would he want someone with so much baggage.

“Interesting, to put it simply.” He replies. I nod.

I look down at my food. “You okay?” He asks. I look up and give a halfhearted smile. “Oh, yeah I'm fine.”

“So, what happened to your shoulder after everything?” “I had Deaton take care of it, now all I have is a jagged scar. One of many I guess.”

“Can I see?” I nod slowly and I pull my shirt sleeve off my shoulder and he leans closer to me are knees brushing against each other, to see it and his eyes harden slightly. When I notice this I pull my shirt sleeve back on.

He moves back. “So, where were you?” I ask. “You wouldn't believe me if I told you.”

I put empty food containers of our back in the back and brush my palms together before I give him a smile and cock my eyebrow at him. “Wanna bet?”