Chapter 7: The Waiting Trap

Bold-Italic - Flashbacks

Italic - Thoughts

Bold-Underlined - Author's Note (A/N)

Previously...

"Death Crusher Zone!"

"Goal! A shoot chain, using hissatsu techniques combined together, explodes into the net! It's a new hissatsu technique! With this, Japan is in the lead!"

( 5 Japan :Goal: 4 Australia )

"Ichihoshi. Are you okay?" said Kidou.

"Can you stand?" he continued holding his hand out to Ichihoshi.

The dark-blue-headed boy stared at the goggled guy in front of him, hesitating if he should take his hand or not. For a few seconds, Ichihoshi takes his hand to stand up, as he was about to stand he suddenly felt Kidou lose his grip making Ichihoshi fall to the ground again.

Kidou is still reaching out to take Ichihoshi's hand but in a menacing manner.

"Sorry. My hand slipped." said Kidou, leaving Ichihoshi.

From afar, Tachibana looks at the dark-blue boy as she remembers something from the past, caressing her eyelids while she walks away paying no attention to Ichihoshi.

'The past is in the past. I don't need to look back.' 

-----

"The match between Japan and Australia has five minutes remaining! The one in the lead is Japan! Will Australia be able to keep up?!"

Haizaki has the ball as he sprints to his enemy's field.

"We will show you now our new tactics, our trump card, that will send Inazuma Japan to their graves! Its name is-" the Australia player was cut off as Haizaki kicks the ball to him making the Australia captain get it.

"The ball is mine!" said the Australia captain.

Haizaki is pissed at his mistake of letting the enemy gets the ball as starts running.

"Quit letting the enemy take the ball!" said Kira to Haizaki as Tachibana ran beside Haizaki.

"Moron." she said as she keep up her pace.

"Shut up!" shouted Haizaki.

"It is I who shall win!" said the enemy.

"Time Trance!"

"God of Wind! God of Lightning! Ghost!"

"There's Endou's new hissatsu technique, God of Wind and Lightning, plus Ghost! Truly an iron stronghold barricading the goal!"

The Australia captain ran back to his side of the field as the whole stadium cheered for Endou's success in stopping the Time Trance.

"They're not scoring any more goals on me! Go up and concentrate on offense, guys!" said Endou to his teammates as he throw the ball to Tachibana Mei.

"Yes, sir!" said Tachibana.

"Tachibana!" shouted someone as the girl looked at the goggled boy.

"Kidou-san!" passing the ball to Kidou.

'Australia's offense won't get past Endou anymore. At this rate...' thoughts on Ichihoshi.

The commander of the pitch smirked at who is he targeting as he make a long-distance shoot.