Chapter 8: Inazuma Japan's Biggest Crisis

Bold-Italic - Flashbacks

Italic - Thoughts

Bold-Underlined - Author's Note (A/N)

-----

For the next few days, the Inazuma Japan was diligently training for their upcoming next match soon, guided by their training coach Kudou.

'This team's current pillar of support is Endou. If he's out of the picture, the team will fall apart from the inside out. Gouenji and Kidou may be gone, but as long as he's still around, the team's mentality will remain firm.' thought Ichihoshi looking at Endou.

"Is he going after Endou-san next? Well, he's not gonna get away with it." said Haizaki looking at Ichihoshi with anger in his eyes.

"Stop it. Instead of minding him, mind your own training menu." said Tachibana besides Haizaki.

"Huh? Don't tell me you're just gonna let that guy be till one of us are out, Tachibana?" asked Haizaki as his full attention is on the girl only. 

"Did those words come out of my mouth?" she said asking Haizaki as he just flinched at what she said. The boy didn't say anything back as she just glared at her.

"Okay, everybody!" said the coach as the players look at him.

"Free time is over! We'll now begin training in preparation for our next opponent!" said the coach as the team gathered.

"Huh? That was free time? But we were practicing!" complain Goujin.

"Your next opponent, Uzbekistan, is a team with incredible stamina. You need this training to help you face them." said Lee Lakee.

"I will now announce your team breakdowns!" said Zhao Jinyun holding a list.

-----

The team was divided into four. Each team has different colors and Tachibana was on the yellow team. (A/N: Removing Lakee.)

"What is this?" asked Kiyama Tatsuya.

"You've been divided into teams, and will now be holding a relay race." answered the fat coach.

"Relay?"

"We're not training to raise stamina?"

"You don't necessarily need to use stamina to conquer an opponent with stamina." added the coach.

"A relay means we'll be working our high power output, correct?" asked Hiura, putting his hand on his chin.

"Each of you will be running a distance of fifteen meters. Create a square with your team and keep handling the baton to each other." 

"What's the logic behind this training?"

"Is it even useful?"

"I'll leave a box of tissues at the starting point for each team. Whoever is the last runner must take one tissue from the box after handling over the baton." said the man as Tachibana raise her hand.

"What is it, Tachibana-san?" as everyone's attention is on her.

"So are you saying that we must keep repeating that until we've run out of tissues?" she asked.

"Huh? Until we've run out?" said Iwato Takeshi.

"That's going to be quite a number of rounds, isn't it?

"Do we have the option to not do it?"

'True. With this regimen, our stamina will run out but increase after this.' thought Tachibana.