Surviving

Tali decided there was definitely something going on that she wasn't aware of. She didn't like that, so, while some very awkward attempts at conversation were made, she dragged Aayla into anothr room.

"Okay, what's happening?" She demanded to know.

Aayla sighed, "Right before they got here, I managed to get into the file. Unfortunately, Kitty was looking over my shoulder at the time." 

"She broke his fingers! What did she read that was so bad? She's married to a convicted felon..." There was a pause, "And she's possessed several times over. She's not in a position to be discriminating." Tali added. Kitty was her best friend, but she couldn't ignore these facts. 

"Yes, but she's also a massive hypocrit with high standards," Aayla announced matter-of-factly. "And he's not an Imperial or a Sith pureblood. He's a Zeltron and he led a mutiny. Not exactly what she wants for her daughter."

"Ahh... So how cross was she when she found out?" Tali asked.

"Well, she definitely shouldn't have said what she did in front of the twins." 

The conversation in the other room was equally troubled. Avrria had taken a seat on a couch, pulling Jyv with her. Her parents sat opposite, scowling. 

"So," Avie had begun nervously. 

"So," Kitty hijacked the conversation, "What exactly is going on between you two?" 

Avrria turned red. Jyv couldn't. He already was red-skinned, and he had no shame. "She's my girlfriend," He replied casually, wrapping his arm around the young Sith. 

"Are you going to marry her?" Her mother shot back.

"Mum... We're not- I mean, we haven't got to that stage yet," Avie protested, embarrassed.

Jyv didn't attempt to respond. Kitty scowled, "I will kill you if you leave her," She announced coldly, to the sound of her daughter's protests. 

"I'm not really planning to," Jyv shrugged. 

"Excellent!" The Sith's tone was suddenly bright. "Then stay for tea. I shall fetch it." She got up and swept out. 

She prodded Aayla and Tali on the way past, "Stop gossiping and go and look after Avrria," She demanded. 

Grumbling to themselves, they wandered back into the sitting room. Andronikos seemed to be taking his turn at interrogating his daughter's partner now. 

Avie was clearly sulking, while her father was demanding details of the mutiny he had been involved in. That was obviously a personal topic for the pirate. 

Jyv didn't seem too bothered. He wasn't ever so happy about this line of questioning and his fingers were still throbbing, but he considered the Sith by his side to be worth it.