Happy Sith And Spying Agents

Agent Aayla Talon, better known as Cipher Nine, sat staring at a series of view screens. The live feed on the screens came from 'Security' cameras members of the Dark Council had 'requested' she installed on a certain young Sith Lady's ship. All the rooms of the ship showed up clearly, but only one held Aayla's interest.

The central screen showed the bridge, where the aforementioned Sith, Lady Avrria Kallig, was at present. The Sith stood in the doorway in her dressing gown, talking to a man who was seated in front of her in the Captain's chair. His back was to the camera, but the Agent noted everything she could see about him, since she had been asked to report about anyone the Sith was with. Red skin, dark, almost black, hair and an Imperial Uniform.

She needed a little more information, so she tapped the screen to zoom in, the only way to hear their conversation. The sound system crackled for a few minutes, then the Aayla heard the man speak.

"Hey, how's my favourite Sith tonight?" He asked in a slightly flirtatious tone as he noticed the Sith's presence, presumably only realising she was there because she had spoken first.

"Not bad. Sinya says she picked up an upgrade for the ship last night. Don't know where, but it sounds good." Lady Kallig answered. "What about you? Anything going on?"

"Nah, it's a quiet night. Probably the last one for a while, if Sinya's 'upgrade' is anything like the last one." He replied. The Sith laughed slightly, but nodded in agreement. He laughed too at Avrria's response, then turned ever so slightly to wink at her out of the corner of his eye. "We better make the most of it."

The Sith giggled again, in a slightly more bashful manner, before walking over to him and putting her arms around him. At this point, the Agent decided she had seen enough. She tapped at the screen, forwarding the footage to her Dark Council 'employers', better known as Darth Nox and The Emperor's Wrath.

As soon as she had viewed the footage, Darth Nox made a series of irritated noises, and sent her own message to Aayla. The Holo image popped unexpectedly out of the Agent's desk and glowered at her. "What do you know about them?" She snapped, without even greeting Aayla.

"Not a lot, unfortunately, Kitty." Agent Talon shrugged, informally addressing the Sith, since they were related, and in this case had a common interest. "Tali asked me the same thing." She added gestured at her visiting sister, Tali Quinn, better known as the Emperor's Wrath, who had also viewed the recordings, and had decided that she shared that common interest.

"We need to investigate." Kitty Zalia-Revel-Kallig-Nox declared, determined to find out what was going on with her daughter, Avrria.

"I'll take care of it!" Tali offered confidently.

"Subtly?" Kitty asked. "Perhaps Aayla should go..." She pondered aloud. The Agent nodded, not trusting her sister, Tali, to be subtle about anything.

Tali pouted. "I can be subtle!" She argued.

They both knew from past experiences that Tali was as subtle as a ten foot brick wall with 'I'm here!' painted on it in luminous paint, but they also had to devise a plan, and Tali didn't really do compromise. Eventually, they ended up agreeing that Tali would get some names and basic information about the other people on Avrria's ship, and Aayla would use Imperial Intelligence's usual methods to find out everything there was to know about them.

Tali began by contacting Avie, as the family called Lady Kallig, via a Holocall.

The Holocall was eventually answered by a bedraggled and confused looking Avrria Revel-Kallig, who frowned at her relative. "Auntie Tal? What do you want at this time of night?"

The Sith tried to play innocent. "Oh...Is it late in your part of the galaxy? So sorry!" She trilled with a grin. "Anyway, I have some questions for you!" She continued in a tone that was, Avrria thought, far too cheerful for this time of night.

"Oh, go on..." The younger Sith muttered warily, not sure that encouraging Tali was ever a good idea.

She soon realised it wasn't when the grin plastered on Tali's face grew scarily wide. "About your crew...Still hanging about with your Twi'lek friend?"

Avrria nodded as she thought about her Twi'lek mechanic, Sinya. "Yes, what about her?" She asked curiously, since Tali and Sinya hadn't seen each other since their first brief encounter, 4 years ago on Korriban, and she didn't really expect Tali to remember her Twi'lek friend.

"And how is your crew coming on now anyway?" Tali kept up her 'casual' line of questioning, causing Avrria more confusion as she pondered why Tali would call her at this time of night just to cheerfully discuss her social life. "What? They're fine, Tal. What the Force is this all about?"

"They? There are more now?" Tali pressed, ignoring the question for her own convenience.

"Well, by 'they', I mean Sinya and Jyv." Avrria nodded.

The Dark Lady swore that her face turning red at the mention of the second name, and continued. "Jyv, Jyv who?" She asked in what was probably meant to be an innocent tone.

Avie's olive face flushed even darker, and she looked away from the Holographic image of Tali. "Jyv Corruss. He's a...friend I met on Balmorra."

The pause told her more than the words, and Tali mentally congratulated herself, now that she had successfully gleaned some of the information she had called for in the first place, but couldn't resist signing off with a cackle and a sarcastic remark. "Sure, your friend." She teased as she faded out of the Holocall.

Avrria just sighed to herself and turned the Holoprojector off, which, unfortunately for her, gave Tali the perfect opportunity to start a call with Kitty and Aayla.

"Well?" Kitty demanded as she fizzled into view.

"I have a full name, and where they met." Tali revealed with smug air.

"Great, I'll run it through Imperial Intelligence's database. He doesn't stand a chance." Aayla answered, equally smugly.

Kitty merely raised an eyebrow as Tali transmitted the information to Aayla. "And how did the subtly go?" She asked suspiciously.

"What? Oh, just wonderfully!" Tali answered in a singsong tone.

"Well...At least we have some information." Aayla commented. "There's a couple of files on her...friend. The first one's fairly basic. His name, where he worked most recently, which we already know, and his age, which is 18, that's pretty much it. There's a picture too...Looks Sith Pureblood or something, all red." She explained. "The second one is encrypted, but give me a couple of hours, and I'll have it open."

"Good work, you two." Kitty said smugly. "As for him..." Her eyes narrowed briefly, and Aayla's hand slipped onto the emergency 'End Call' button under her desk. "At least he's Imperial, and I approve of the 'Sith Pureblood' speculation..." The Sith mused, not looking quite as murderous as Aayla had expected.

"But I do where he lives, if he screws up." Kitty added, in an alarmingly cheerful tone, before ending the call.