(58) Are you letting weight off your shoulders?

Start from the beginning

I run to my main door, unlocking it and opening it widely. I exhale a breath before smiling at my mother. “Sorry, I was just getting ready to shower.” 

“Karen said you never answered the door last night, she figured you were asleep. Are you alright?” 

“Oh yeah, I was just feeling a bit stressed, you know with my letter coming soon and all that so I wanted to rest early,” I confess. That is the biggest load of bullshit that I’ve came up with so far. I’m proud. 

“Really, Lizzie?” she raises her eyebrows, her shoulders crouching. “So that car parked outside our house doesn’t belong to that special friend of yours?” she quizes.  

“Oh,” I drag, I hit my hand on my forehead. “I almost forgot actually, it’s Ashton’s, he asked if he could park his car here while he’s out of town for a while.” I smile. 

“That’s fine, I suppose. Ally’s downstairs, she’s asking for you,” she nods, detaching her lean from the doorframe and making her way down the stairs. 

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding it. Damn, I need to get into some school of the lies you tell to your mother’s face arts.  

I lock my door once again, walking to the bathroom. I see Ashton sitting against the edge of my bathtub. His black boxers cover his previously nude area. His hair is now washed around his head, out of his eyes. I notice his long legs spread out my bathroom floor, thinking how just minutes ago they were tangled with mine. 

No matter how much I want to be upset with his recurring behaviour, I can’t. I keep telling myself he’s just doing this for me, but the point is, I don’t know he’s doing.

I step to him, a smile conquering his face as I stand in between his legs. His hands immediately go around my waist, pushing me to his chest. My back arcs at his movement, our bodies now battling heat off each other. 

“Good morning, princess,” he looks up at me, eyes glowing with a shine I’ve only ever seen on him once before ― the night he we shared out first kiss in my kitchen. 

I lean down, turning his head to mine with my fingers capturing his chin. My lips barely touch his, leaving a light feathered kiss onto his lips, one enough to make me go weak at the knees at the contact. 

“One more,” he points to his lips, leaning to my face. I capture his lips in mine once again, taking a while longer this time on, making sure to taste his lips in the process. God, I can kiss him for years. 

“Mmm,” he moans into my mouth. “God,” he sighs, breaking off the kiss, “how did I get so lucky?” 

“Sorry Mr. Lucky,” I tap his nose, “but you’re gonna have to stay here until my parents leave the house. Unless you wanna jump out the window, which will result in you jumping on very sharp objects that could possibly end you. Your call,” I shrug, wrapping my hand around his neck. 

“Are you holding me hostage or trying to get rid of me?” 

“However you wanna take it.”

“I think I’ll go with the hostage option,” he chuckles. “I’m gonna take a shower,” he stands up, his body now towering over mine.

I step away from him, a stern look on my face, walking to the sink and emptying some of my toothpaste onto my toothbrush. I should be glowing, in the mood to jump on his ass again and again (which I maybe kind of am) but all I want is for him to stop lying and dodging off everything he does behind my back, claiming it’s “all for me.”  

I brush my teeth for a minute, watching Ashton scan through the towels and various shampoo’s and body washes I have aligned perfectly in my shower cube.