(58) Are you letting weight off your shoulders?

➵ f i f t y  e i g h t

It feels like I’m in a movie. There’s always that one scene where the angle zooms out of the girl’s face after a one night stand, showing her regret clearly on her expressions as the guy lays comfortably asleep, unaware of the thoughts drowning the person beside him. 

I can see the similarity. Except for, this isn’t a one night stand, I don’t regret it, and I think I might hate myself for making a romantic comedy reference.

I lay awake, my body gaining feeling in it’s surrounding as Ashton shuffles beside me. His arms are draped over my waist, his head warmly leaning against my shoulder. I notice how he always ends up with his hair covering his eyesight whenever he tosses and tumbles late in the night. His body finds comfort in sleeping on it’s regularity even with me beside him, and I can’t describe how happy it makes me. 

My head has been running and swimming with thoughts regarding the past night, tugging a smile onto my face. I can’t believe last night happened. I thought I’ve read enough to know how a first time is supposed to be like, and I’ve come to conclusion that Ashton deserves a golden medal. 

I let out a deep breath, looking over to my side to see a still lightly snoring Ashton. How he hasn’t woken up due to all my sighs and shuffling, I don’t know. 

Happy thoughts aren’t the only crossing my mind. Images of Ashton’s bloody face and bruised arm still flash into my head, reminding me of what actually happened. 

I can’t help but think he used last night as a distraction, I mean after all, it was one hell of a good distraction. I said I’d be mad in the morning, but I can’t bring myself to be upset. I’m just confused and a little stressed. 

Ashton wouldn’t sleep with me just so I’d drop the fact that he fought Landon Wilds and came to me with a bloody face without willing to explain, would he? 

My chest shocks through when I hear a light knock on my door. My eyes almost bug out of their sockets as I tighten the cover sheet over my chest, looking down to Ashton. 

My room looks completely different than what it has looked like last night. The dark surroundings are now eliminated by the sun shining through the windows. The lightly scattered mess is more evident, and the room appears larger for some reason. 

“Lizzie, sweetheart, you in there?” my mother’s sweet voice calls from the other side of the door. 

“Shhh,” I mutter, I jump out of my laying position, sitting straight up and looking beside me. Do I reply to my mom or do I wake this asshole up? 

Ashton!” I whisper yell, shaking his shoulders. I hear a groan come out of his mouth, his body shifting to the other side. 

“Lizzie, you better open this door,” her voice emerges to a serious tone, her knocking increasing at the door. 

I panic, grabbing the pillow that not a few seconds before my head was resting on, I hit Ashton with it and make him jump up in surprise. 

“What the-"

“Shhhh,” I put my hand on his mouth, the other supporting his lower neck as I jump beside him, standing on my knees. 

His lips catch as a smile under my fingers before I turn my head to the door. “Just a second, mama!” I yell. 

“Bathroom, now,” I speak sternly, ushering Ashton to the bathroom. He jumps up, grabbing his boxers and putting them on before he enters the bathroom. I reach my hand in and grab my robe, throwing it on and tying it around my waist as I shut the door behind him.